Go To
#755302 02/24/23 02:36 PM
I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GISmdSQFrcI

Lifes-Short_CBGE_PD.STY.SGU

This dude was told by a music producer "you can't use BiaB to make songs, give me $4000 and I'll make them for you", this was made with an out of the Box style, filmed with cheap multiple HD cams, ended up on the CMT cable channel.
Why do I nag PG so much to make Biab/BBPlugin better ? that's why.

Veteran
Veteran
From Warwick Queensland.
Ah, producers in Australia would be promoting their own skills, stuff & looking for ways to make more $s.
If Mr. Lovett had brought exported, renamed .wav files the producer wouldn't have known if they were recorded at home, in a studio or from BIAB. Except for a stereo drum track I suppose. Then again, if the drum "stems" were used even that would be less of a give away and could be interpreted as Ez Dummer stuff or something else.
What are the circumstances? Did Lovett take his files to be mixed and mastered, did he take BIAB with him, did he go to the "producer" to track his vocals against the backing? These things aren't stated and each makes a difference to the story and the honestly/ethics of the producer.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Dude was using Magix he said it's the shi*, I said Dude, forget Magix use BiaB. This was back in 2009-10 I think when BiaB never had any vst sync for EZD. The tracks were up sampled in Adobe Audition and vocals added then mixed down and added to the video that had to be converted to DigiBeta down the Gold Coast for CMT. The videos were just recorded with a CD player behind the guitar case playing the backing and some cheap Aldi cams outside Abbey of The Roses, then mixed the multicam source in Vegas.
Usual deal his band broke up like bands do with bass players running of with drummer's wife etc.. but you don't have that issue with BiaB so he ended up writing a hell of a lot of great songs because of Biab, I think some went over to the states.
So I'm still here trying to improve it all so it can be used professionally and easily rather than the old crashing days of RealBand.
I had so many more muso's wanting tracks made or added to sessions but I gave up because of too many stressful issues with the software back then, it's only just getting there now to give the user more control less frustration. I have given 14 years here for that one and only reason.

Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
He did karaoke hosting with Kate Cook and he encouraged her to go on Idol.
This was a BB Style out the box

This was a BB Style out the box

Veteran
Veteran
Hi Musocity
that was very enjoyable indeed.
Thank you too for your generosity in sharing your SGU. Its always interesting to see how other Users use BB.
I was seriously grooving to Going To The Pub as well - why is it so short?. I'd have like more of that AND how you tackled it in BB.
Bests
ian

Old Guys Rule.The older I get,the better I was!
BB2023 ULTRA, 1013, Win 7 and 10

ALL TRACKS - https://app.box.com/s/501rnzrbadng1elvi45hbf7y08kl5oxp
SOUNDCLOUD-tracks using BB-
http://soundcloud.com/sixchannel
Videos-
https://youtube.com/user/Sixchannel1
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I have the actual full video somewhere, will have to find.

Goin to the Pub - Karaoke + Video.kfn download https://www.karafun.com/apps/
Going To The Pub.mp3
Goin to the Pub2.SGU

This is a live recording with the audio replaced and synced with studio BB & vocals
Old Head (Maidenwell Folk Gathering Oct 2013) - Dude Lovett.mp4
Old Head66.SGU

Veteran
Veteran
Thank you Musocity
Great fun! Shows the capability of BB perfectly.
Bests
ian

Old Guys Rule.The older I get,the better I was!
BB2023 ULTRA, 1013, Win 7 and 10

ALL TRACKS - https://app.box.com/s/501rnzrbadng1elvi45hbf7y08kl5oxp
SOUNDCLOUD-tracks using BB-
http://soundcloud.com/sixchannel
Videos-
https://youtube.com/user/Sixchannel1
Veteran
Veteran
That synching is serious wizadry.
I like his voice and his songs are terrific examples of Oz country.
I went to a gig in Hands of Fame park back in 78 or 79 during the Tamworth festival.
Not an idol watcher so missed all of that.
Your scripts are also wiz bang though I've a feint fear of implementing them.
I reckon you should do a tutorial video based on a Dude song or, at least, post something in the user showcase so we can get an insight or three from the way you manipulate BIAB in a song writing/making setting.

Cheers
rayc
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
He was gonna do a video ages ago on how he did the songs up in Biab, but his nickname is "Gonna Dude", I will ask him again.
That music producer was down in Tamworth.
He would send me an SGU and a rough vocal and I would put something together and transfer the tracks to Adobe Audition and he would then come in and record vocals.

I did some syncing with Shania, you need to adjust the video speed to sync with the source audio:

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=317864

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=319594

_BRSOLWK Baton Rouge - Dude Lovett.mp3
_BOOGIE1 Bourbon For Breakfast - Dude Lovett.mp3
_BRSOLC2 Digga Dave - Dude Lovett.mp3
_POPAMER High Ground - Dude Lovett.mp3
I Pray (for Blue) - Dude Lovett.mp3
_CHETPCK Ode To Troy Cassar Daley - Dude Lovett.mp3
_BOOGIE1 Tara The Super Hero (Ambo Song) - Dude Lovett.mp3
_BG_BDBS Tommy - Dude Lovett.mp3
Wasted - Dude Lovett.mp3
_E12STSM Why Worry (Pop Mix) - Dude Lovett.mp3

Veteran
Veteran
Ode to Try is nice and the backing really sounds good.

Cheers
rayc
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I got in touch with Troy because he was Kate's hero so he gave her a call while she was on Idol to encourage her, she was over the moon, then Dude met him and wrote the song.
So where would we all be without PG.

Veteran
Veteran
I worked for a decade with a Maltese fellow. He was/is also a big country fan. I gave him a Troy CD when I discovered his love of the genre. He was stoked to have a country album by a chap who had Maltese and Aboriginal heritage. He also REALLY liked Troy's music.

Cheers
rayc
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,642
Posts735,390
Members38,525
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
theyearofjess, OlvaJownDay, Tranner Track, Ely Bass, Barking
38,525 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 183
DC Ron 101
dcuny 89
rsdean 71
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.