Hi Scott, Ezekiel, Andi and Misha,

Thanks for listening and commenting this song!

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Very cool groove. Excellent backtrack. Basslines were very cool. Gave the song a cool feel. Super vocal and lyric. Very well Hans. Glad you resurrected it. Well done.

Scott: Yes, it was one of my first songs since I bought BiaB. I had to learn a lot of things about recording, mixing mastering and still do.
This song was meant to be ironic about boring lives. I did nothing much with it, still I liked the melody a lot. And then the remake was there!
Glad you like it!

Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
Cool overall sound. The electric piano creates a gliding motion in the music.
The melody works well. Vocal is one your top performances.

Ezekiel: What nice to read your words on the vocals! I used severall keys, before I found they were 'good enough'. Aging has some disadvantages for the vocals, I noticed. And speaking about sound, in the original version the electric piano sounded much nicer, but suddenly it was gone, no, not gone, but the sound was changed. The new sound wasn't so nice, so took some time to find me an acceptable variation.

Originally Posted By: PROJECT M
Hi Hans
What a cool song
Typical Birchwood sound ;-)
Sounds absolutely great - especially the acoustic guitar is awesome
You have so many good songs but this one is definitely one of the best
SUPER work Hans
Many greetings
Andi ;-)

Andi: You are using very kind words to express what you think of this song. Thanks!
I hope to hear similair word on my new songs too!

Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Hans,
Cool tune. Excellent groove and good choice of instruments. Nice and airy. I liked it. Vocals are ACE, but too much high frequency for my taste. It (vocals) lacks most of bass, so sits a bit apart from arrangement. In any case, a very nice tune. Thank you for sharing.
Misha.

Misha: Thanks as well for the kind words. I focuss on what you wrote about the vocals; I was a bit amazed. I had done some extra 'training'on eq-ing and thought I got rid of the sharpness that sometimes sneak into my songs. And I did my best, for this song in particular, to get them right. On my Sonos, headphones and studio speakers they sounded good. I won't say perfect, because I don't really like my vocals that much. But you said I removed all the bass in the vocals! Well, even now I don't hear this, but because it's you who told me, I took it seriously. But sorry, couldn't change what I can't hear...
But thanks for keeping me 'sharp'!

Have a nice weekend everyone,
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130