Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#772125 07/26/23 11:47 PM
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
buy BIAB today and you can jump straight into RTs. amazing real isntruments playing in wonderful styles.

i have every RT and every style so far, and i must admit i tend to use real styles almost automatically these days on new projects.

but i have midi when i need it. i have favourite midi parts i drop in - like a wonderful strings part i discovered years ago.

and for solos i often use midi - exactly the notes and timings i want and after hunting around for samples, exactly the instument sound i want.

but there have been a number of recent posts which suggest new users have no idea about midi. and given that RTs are so good they have no need to learn midi to create superb songs. but i can't help but feel they are missing out on a wonderful musical tool.

if their experience is the mickey mouse sounds of a bad midi player then no wonder they get put off. but a little extra work and investigation will open up a huge sonic arsenal that broadens their musical horizons.

what do other users think? is the excellence of RTs killing midi? and how do we sell the benefits to new users that make the learning curve worthwhile?

L
Veteran
Veteran
L
Bob:

For me, your statement here -

"a little extra work and investigation will open up a huge sonic arsenal that broadens their musical horizons"

is a stumbling block for me. I don't use BIAB for recording, so there's no need for my musical horizon to be broadened and the little extra work (easy for you, difficult for me) isn't worth the bother.

I'm beginning to sound like a broken record on the Forums these days regarding Playable Real Tracks,
but wouldn't they give you much the same functionality and sound quality as a MIDI track and samples?
Couldn't you still get "exactly the notes and timing" you want without having to go "hunting around for samples"?

Just asking.
LLOYD S

Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Hi Lloyd If you don't use BIAB for recording what are you using it for? If it's backing tracks and you get everything you need that's fine.

as for playable RTs i note that no one has really responded saying playable RTs are as flexible and easy as midi for note for note creation of hooks or riffs.

and without considering midi you are missing the opportunity to use midi supertracks which are a great resource - recorded like RTs but on midi instruments.

admittedly you can spend a lifetime mastering midi but in this case by 'a little extra work' i just meant installing a good midi player - as posts have said you have a great one with vstsynthfont64. or read Peter Gannon's sticky post about a 'no brainer' and install the TTS1 GM sounds.

have you ever tried using a midi style instead of a real style? you might be surprised if you have decent midi player like the TTS1 installed. to hear the midi style demos just push the demo button.

if BIAB gives you what you want without considering midi fine but you are missing the opportunity to use hundreds of midi styles and a vast amount of midi supertracks.

so all i was saying was that midi would allow you to hear a huge amount of BIAB's musical armoury you haven't heard so far. who knows? you might find something you like.

Last edited by Bob Calver; 07/27/23 04:45 AM.
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
> as for playable RTs i note that no one has really responded saying playable RTs are as flexible and easy as midi for note for note creation of hooks or riffs.

Bob,
yes, playable RT’s are as flexibility as any MIDI sound, and would be a good choice in many situations. They can be chosen just like a MIDI sound, by choosing a “Hi-Q” sound. The playable RT (and RealDrums) show up there.

realTracks have two things going for them.
1. - a real instrument
2. - an world-class musician expertly playing the instrument.

A good “middle ground” between older midi styles and realTracks are the “MIDI SuperTracks”. They have a MIDI sound, but have pro musicians playing parts, so sound very realistic. Especially for keyboards (piano etc.)

Someone who likes RealTracks but wants to explore MIDI, might want to start out with a MIDI SuperTracks of piano. It will likely sound almost as good as the RealTracks one. And then they can see the flexibility by changing the patch from acoustic piano (1) to electric piano (5). Then they can expiriment by editing the notes.

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
S
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
S
Originally Posted By: Bob Calver

what do other users think? is the excellence of RTs killing midi? and how do we sell the benefits to new users that make the learning curve worthwhile?

Is the excellence of RT's killing midi? I think RTs are indeed excellent, and that they aren't "killing" midi. The expression "killing" sets up a "one or the other" question and I don't view it that way.

The forum is loaded with great conversations on RT versus midi. From what I've read and what I believe, selling the benefits of both in order to have complete and total control over what is played by instruments in a song is the answer to "How do we sell the benefits to new users question."

Sell the "total control with both" instead of "this ain't your father's BIAB midi."

That said, outside of BIAB it's a midi world. Real Tracks? The rest of the world doesn't get it.

Bruce Hook - Soprano, Alto and Tenor Saxes
BIAB 2023 UltraPak | Intel i7 | Mackie ProFX10v3 Audio Interface | 1TB SSD | Reaper DAW
| Akai EWI 5000 | M-Audio Oxygen Pro 49
L
Veteran
Veteran
L
Hi Bob:

Yes, I use BIAB for backing tracks, among other things I use it for.
The thing is, they don't need to be "high quality" backing tracks, say for performing.
I DO use MIDI styles and have also used the Supertracks, and have followed Peter's advice about the TTS1
and have used that on occasion.

Sounds like between the two of us, we don't have a good handle on what the extent of the capabilities are
of the new Playable Real Tracks. As you mentioned, there are some amazing sounds there, recorded by
amazing musicians. If it's possible to tap into that, using a fairly easy, straight forward process,
seems to me it would be just as effective as diving into MIDI, synthfonts and the like.

We'll see if some of the other Forum members can shed some light on the differences and/or similarities
between using MIDI and using Playable RealTracks.

LLOYD S

Expert
OP Offline
Expert
never meant to knock playable RTS but...........here's an example that was dead easy with midi.

its an old music hall song i recorded for a friend as a joke. it's just the intro becasue the song starts almost immediately and its copyright

i needed the cheesy trombone and it took 30 secs to play in and record in midi. i did't even bother to try to find a better sound - its just the bog standard TTS1 GM trombone.

bear in mind this is a joke recording but midi was the ideal solution rather than choose a playable real track and edit

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/8psa9dw9agemyaxzbfhkv/trombone-riff.mp3?rlkey=wbzn3s6a1kxrd00pz5cyjkxl1&dl=0

all the other tracks are RTs

i seem to have generated quite a bit of heat and aas far as i am concerned whatever works for you is fine but i have noticed that a few posts have shown some new users are missing out on midi capabilites

Last edited by Bob Calver; 07/27/23 07:33 AM.
L
Veteran
Veteran
L
I see what you mean with the trombone sample.
I've used MIDI in similar ways where I just need (say) a quick bass run into the chorus.

And as Peter and SaxaBruce mentioned, using either or both seems to be a viable option.
So your heading "Are RealTracks Killing MIDI" are a great starting point for discussion.
Those who are newer BIAB users, and have ONLY used RTs, may get intrigued enough to
check out the possibilities of:

- seeing what MIDI is all about

and/or

- seeing what Playable RTs are all about.

LLOYD S

Veteran
Veteran
I think both tools, MIDI and RTs have their uses.

MIDI is a lot more editable. You can do hundreds of things with MIDI that you cannot do with the Real Tracks. If you have good MIDI modules, they can sound almost as good as the RTs and if you need to do that editing, using MIDI can be in your favor.

A lot of pros like MIDI for that reason.

On the other hand, if you like to type the chords in and play, and have no need or desire to change what you get, the RTs are wonderful.

I have a long-time customer from back in the 1990s who writes songs. He uses the RTs to send demos to Nashville. That works for him better than MIDI. But he is not an editor, he knows chords from rhythm guitar playing, and writes nice words and sings the melodies.

Me? I like having both MIDI and RTs in my musical tool box.

On the other hand, I think a lot of new, mostly amateur musicians don't have the desire or time to learn to use MIDI. So for that, I think you may be correct.

I still have people buying my MIDI styles, but I don't see a lot of growth in that department. It's just "steady as she goes", and that's OK with me.

My main living is playing live in front of an audience.

Notes ♫

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks
Veteran
Veteran
The thing that originally attracted me to BB was in fact, the real tracks. I was growing weary of creating boring drum tracks by mousing then copy/paste. In addition the other instruments like steel guitar really had my attention.

That said.... Midi has come a long way from the cheesy sounding GM sounds of the 1990's to what we have today. I still find a purpose for using midi in some of my songs. Especially when I need a specific riff or part that there's no way a RT would ever create in a million tries.

With the modern sample libraries and synths available.... you can create some really amazing and realistic sounding parts with midi.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
Veteran
Veteran
Are RTs killing MIDI? Absolutely not!

Outside of the PG universe MIDI is alive and thriving. Even PGMusic has seen the importance of MIDI and have started including better MIDI sound sources.

It is not an either RT/RD or MIDI option:One can use both. As you all know I use mostly MIDI but I do also used RTs and RDs in some of my songs.

As been mentioned a lot of new BiaB users don't understand MIDI while a lot of us started on MIDI sequencers:I started in MIDI in 1985! I think PGMusic has done a good job of explaining how to get started on MIDI with their tutorials. All new users should start there.

The bottom line is that RTs and RDs are PGMusic specific while MIDI is universal.

There are no wrong options when using RTs, RDs, or MIDI.

YMMV

I want my last spoken words to be "I hid a million dollars under the........................"

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Expert
Expert
One of the rather neat features of BIAB is it's ability to "quantise" notation whilst keeping the natural sound of real playing. Of course it will quantise the notes themselves if you ask it to. That said, I did spend rather too long a period trying to understand why BIAB wasn't honouring rests in the notation ... it hid them as part of that quantizing of notation. One can turn of the rest-suppression, but BIAB can then be overgenerous inserting them.

The great thing about RTs is that they make a pretty natural-sounding track with only modest effort.

MIDI tracks tend to need more effort, but then you can make nearly anything you want, with nearly any instrument you want, real or imagined.

I think that last sentence says why RTs will likely not kill off MIDI, or at least not anytime soon.

Jazz relative beginner, starting at a much older age than was helpful.
Kawai MP6, Korg M50, Ui24R, Saffire Pro 40.
AVL:MXE Linux; Windows 11; Win8.1: Scarletts
BIAB2022 UltraPAK, Reaper, a bunch of stuff.
Journeyman
Journeyman
I think it depends on the user and application.

For performance quality backing tracks BIAB and Real Tracks are hard to beat.

Over the years I've spent a lot of time with midi.
I have a massive (Massive) NI library of sounds.
I have concluded its just too much work for what I'm trying to do.

Using real Tracks I set up an arrangement in BIAB, select a Real Track style, stuff some utility tracks with extra Real Track players/performances. 3 bass players, a couple of drummers, the obligatory pedal steel and/or accordion. b3, rhodes, 2 grand pianos, a Glockenspiel (?). I can normally do that in an hour or so.

Export all the .wav into my DAW. Mix, eq, master etc. In a couple more hours I have a high quality backing track I can play at a gig. Tracks people comment on. Good comments.

No doubt some midi folks here will opine they can do the same thing midi in about the same time.
I hear you (cocked eyebrow). I hear you.
I'm sure its happened at least once.
If you can, you probably have logged many midi hours getting to that level.

For users new to BIAB Real Tracks offer an incredible out of the box jump start to building excellent backing tracks That makes more people want to use the software. Something we all want.

For me, Real Tracks provides me what I need to achieve my objective- a lot quicker and easier than midi.
With stellar results.
I no longer need midi to do the job. Its there if I want it. May it rest.... in peace.

Last edited by mrgeeze; 07/30/23 11:57 AM.

biab2023(Mac)
Logic Pro X
Veteran
Veteran
Is the real question “What changes would you recommend for PG Music marketing strategies to ensure new users realize the value of MIDI and how it is implemented in BIAB”?

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
L
Veteran
Veteran
L
Further to Matt's question, mine would be:

"Can you do an equally good job using Playable RealTracks as you can with MIDI and high quality samples"?

One of the benefits of MIDI is, you can make exact phrases and put exact notes where you want them in your song. That's just not logically possible with RTs but it may be easily doable with Playable RTs.

Does anyone have experience in using PRTs as a substitute for a part you would normally do with MIDI?
If so, then the PGMusic marketing folks could claim "you can now use Playable RealTracks as easily as you would MIDI". That may appeal to those who like the idea of being able to create specific musical phrases, but don't want to delve into MIDI, especially since BIAB already comes with included RTs.

LLOYD S

Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Plus one for Matt's post - that was the real reason I set up such a contentious topic. But Lloyd S, contrast this video on using playable RT's with the ease of plugging in a keyboard and recording a midi phrase

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dggX5xStv3A

if you play the trombone phrase in my post above - no generating, no silencing and no note for note editing in either piano roll or editable notation of what the RT originally generated. you just get a midi recording in seconds by plugging in your controller. to optimise RTs i personally find it easier to generate alternative takes and cut and paste in RB to get what i want. to get my trombone part was much easier with midi.

playable RTs are amazing and when a whole part is generated fixing individual note or short phrases is fine. another video here suggests that playable RTs are for just that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoptOS6ubmY

but i still contend that midi is the easiest and most effective way of playing in a specific short hook or phrase.

as Lloyd S asks after listening to my tromone clip would any of you really use editable RTs to get the fill i wanted?

in conclusion, whatever you find works for you is the best way forward but my original point of new users not exploring the benefits of midi still stands and the more positive message is the one Matt posted.

Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: Lloyd S
"Can you do an equally good job using Playable RealTracks as you can with MIDI and high quality samples"?

One of the things a number of MIDI instruments will do is map other sounds onto notes that are illogical(?) to use for the instrument.

I'm thinking here of a particular bass I use, where out-of-range notes do things like add percussive effects, add finger squeaks, slaps and coerce the hand position. And also of the SWAM instruments where the sounds are produced by modelling, not samples. These and others allow one to do things that are likely just not available in RTs, or possibly even deliberately avoided in RTs. Doing this stuff in MIDI, though, can be quite hard work and take quite some time. RTs are closer to instant.

I think one can do an equally good job with RTs and MIDI, but the meaning of "good" can be very different and for different reasons.

Putting that another way, RTs and MIDI are each only 'best' for particular circumstances.

L
Veteran
Veteran
L
Hi Bob, yes I've seen that first video before, not the second, as it appears to be for the Mac people.
Adding in a Playable RealTrack part seems like a daunting task from the video,
but then again so do a lot of functions with BIAB (think ACW as an example).
I'm guessing that once you've done it a few times, it would become quite natural.

I wish I could speak from experience on PRTs, as I've only dabbled in them to see how they work.
For one thing, if I needed an exact phrase or lick, I don't have the luxury of

"contrast this video on using playable RT's with the ease of plugging in a keyboard and recording a midi phrase"

Don't have access to one, and couldn't play it if I did. Similarly a wind controller.
I would still like to hear someone's opinion on PRTs (that had previously used MIDI exclusively),
and had now a solid grasp of using them as part of their normal musical process.
That way we could get the pros and cons of each. Maybe PGMusic Support could do THAT video!

As for me, if I needed a specific part, I would have to use the staff roll, the piano roll or the QWERTY keyboard, similarly a daunting task at best.

LLOYD S

R
Veteran
Veteran
R
I wonder about this possibility. Say you want a signature lick from a cover song. There are a gazillion midi files on the net. I cool experiment would be to copy the midi lick into a playable RT and see what could be done that way.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: Rob Helms
I wonder about this possibility. Say you want a signature lick from a cover song. There are a gazillion midi files on the net. I cool experiment would be to copy the midi lick into a playable RT and see what could be done that way.

It may be worth reminding here that Playable Real Tracks (the "playable" bit, anyway) actually are MIDI. What I understand happens is that BIAB switches to using sforzando with samples from within the RT file to play the "playable" section, before switching back to normal RT mode after the section. It gives a good RealTrack-alike sound for the duration of the playable section. For just a lick, of course, that may well be exactly what's wanted and was undoubtedly part of the driver for PGM to do it.

Last edited by Gordon Scott; 07/29/23 05:12 AM. Reason: changed "needed" to "wanted"

Veteran
Veteran
I suppose it depends on the song, the person, and what he/she is going to do with it.

As most of you know, I play music for a living. I don't have, nor do I want, a day job. Mrs. Notes (then the future Mrs. Notes) and I quit a 5-piece band in 1985 to form a duo. I make my own backing tracks. Until COVID, we were never out of work, and 2 years after COVID we are back doing up to 20 gigs per month in season, and 15 in the off-season.

Around here, if you want to play music for a living, you have to both be a chameleon playing many musical styles, and play cover songs.

Most people don't go out to hear original music, they go out to hear memories, songs they know by heart. Even when you go to a big artist's concert, that artist plays mostly the songs the audience knows, and later in the show, introduces a few new ones.

There are a lot of songs that you can use a generic backing track of the same style and add your own solos and fill-in licks over the track.

There are plenty of songs you can reinterpret, play as Reggae, Latin American, slow them up, speed them up, or whatever.

But, especially in pop music, often the musical figure, the breaks, rhythmic kicks, and other song-specific parts are essential to the song.

These are the kinds of songs you cannot do with Real Tracks, but you can do with MIDI. How can you do the licks from “I Shot The Sheriff” with a Real Style? Or “Sunshine Of Your Love”? “Beat It”? “Jerusalema”? “Uptown Funk”?

If you have good MIDI voices, whether they are from hardware or software synths, you can get almost as good tone as you can from the real instrument. And what is good tone anyway? Which artist, on which instrument?

So for me, as amazing as the RTs are, on the gig, they don't work for me.

We play music from the 1920s to the 2020s. What we choose depends on the audience of the day and what they react to. We play songs they know by heart, and perhaps half of them are pretty direct covers of a favorite record.

There is a lot of competition around here. In order to keep working, we have to please our audience better than the others. MIDI works for me. The mortgage is paid off, we take a vacation every year, either close or as far as China and Australia, and we have no debt.

That doesn't mean our way is the only right way to do this, it's just the right way for us.

Whatever you do, if it's working for you, it's a good way.

Whether RTs ever eclipse MIDI in BiaB, I can't say, but I don't think MIDI is going away in professional music any time soon.

Insights and incites by Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Agree with you Notes, but my original meaning of the topic was that RTs make it larely unnecessary for new users of BIAB to have anything to do with midi and that they were missing out on a hugely useful musical tool.

If I can make a prediction (always risky!) i think one of 2024's suite of 'improvements' will be making playable RT's capable of taking a keyboard input and recording parts from scratch or at least adding hooks and riffs in the right places to a generated RT.

We all know that that will in fact be mainly a midi process but BIAB will become the 'front end' of midi much the same as windows became the 'front end'of DOS.

and i note that so far noone has come forward despite Lloyd S's many requests saying 'i used to use midi but now I use playable RT's to do what i used to do in midi'.

maybe making playable RT's actually 'playable' will bring an extra functionality to BIAB without new users realising that they are really using what midi has been capable of for years.

Last edited by Bob Calver; 07/29/23 11:45 AM.
M
M
MIDI is a lot more editable. You can do hundreds of things with MIDI that you cannot do with the Real Tracks. If you have good MIDI modules, they can sound almost as good as the RTs and if you need to do that editing, using MIDI can be in your favor.

A lot of pros like MIDI for that reason.Nox Vidmate VLC

On the other hand, if you like to type the chords in and play, and have no need or desire to change what you get, the RTs are wonderful.

I have a long-time customer from back in the 1990s who writes songs. He uses the RTs to send demos to Nashville. That works for him better than MIDI. But he is not an editor, he knows chords from rhythm guitar playing, and writes nice words and sings the melodies.

Me? I like having both MIDI and RTs in my musical tool box.

Last edited by mariusnoah; 10/04/23 06:37 AM.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,662
Posts735,544
Members38,532
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Jeffrey thomas, skyanderson3, akbrpra, Benfil77, William L
38,532 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 173