Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh
TRYUK Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
I have been putting together a piece within BiaB and like the sound and feel of the piece so far. I opened it in Logic using the plugin and it sounds completely different. I reset all of the plugin settings back to standard but same results.

I froze the tracks and tried again, same result, sounds completely different. I then tried rendering the piece to wav from BiaB and it sounds as it does within the Biab app.

The most noticeable difference in Logic is that Guitar 1 - 3192:Guitar, Electric,Soloist Slow12-8Brent Sw 040

Does anyone have any suggestions that I can try?

Expert
Expert
Are you using the Apple sounds within Logic?

BIAB 2023 Audiophile, 24/60 Core M2 Mac Studio Ultra/8TB/192GB Sonoma, M1 MBAir, 2012 MBP
Digital Performer 11, LogicPro
Finale27.4, Dorico5, Encore5, SmartScorePro64, Notion6, Overture5
TRYUK Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
No, all sounds are RealTracks from BIAB.

R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Did you set the plugin the flat export setting?

Last edited by Rob Helms; 08/07/23 06:57 AM.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
TRYUK Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
I tried both. It is not the overall sound that is wrong. The realtrack 3192:Guitar, Electric,Soloist Slow12-8Brent Sw 040 does not sound anything like it does in BiaB.

I have a work around by exporting the individual track as a wav from Biab and just importing it in to Logic and muting the track that sounds wrong.

R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Most of the Real Tracks have reverb, and panning done. This will never sound the same in your DAW. I have always noticed this. To me the plugin strips away this sound. But the good news is that the DAW has the ability to add it back in to taste.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
TRYUK Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Perhaps I did not explain this clearly. It is not that there is no reverb etc. The real track played in Logic is NOT the same as the one in BiaB. It says it is the same RealTrack yet sounds like a totally different one.

The work round I found works so it is not a problem for me.

PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Try right clicking the drag/drop station, and select Open Drag Drop Folder. Do you have the same issue when you play the dragged file from this location, before bringing it into Logic?

Best,
Chantelle
TRYUK Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
I tried as you suggested and to my surprise there is nothing in the folder, it is empty.

I tried with a couple more pieces with the same result.

I am running BiaB from an external SSD. Everything else seems to be working fine.

Edit. 9th August

My mistake I Misunderstood your suggestion. Yes if I do as you suggest everything sounds fine. All sections are in DragDrop and all play as you would expect. If I drag them from DragDrop to Logic they sound as expected.

The problem seems to be when importing the SGU via the Plugin to Logic.

Its not really a problem as I just drag the files to Logic from DragDrop.

Last edited by TRYUK; 08/08/23 09:06 PM.
Veteran
Veteran
3192:Guitar, Electric,Soloist Slow12-8Brent Sw 040 is sure a sweet sound. Could you be having a tempo mismatch? 40BPM is slow. If you raise the tempo in Logic, BIAB may automatically substitute in another guitar.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

TRYUK Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
That was my first thought, Logic is also set to 40BPM.

R
Veteran
Veteran
R
TRYUK, i don't use Logic but will try the RT and see what i get, maybe there is truly something wrong with the RT data.

So i for some reason do not have 3192, but i did try the closest RT to that one, generated in BiaB and moved to Reaper. They are identical in sound. I am starting to wonder if you stumbled on an RT with corrupted data, that is not playing the right sound file. Hopefully Andrew or someone can test it and see what they find

TRYUK Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
The RT plays fine in BiaB and also if rendered out. Something is going wrong during the import to Logic via the plugin.

I'm not 100% certain but I imagine that RealTrack 3192 may be in one of the add on packs as I have them all.

Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: TRYUK
... I'm not 100% certain but I imagine that RealTrack 3192 may be in one of the add on packs as I have them all.

Nope. RealTrack 3192 is part of RealTracks Set 310 : Acoustic and Electric Guitar Pop Soloists with Brent Mason which was released in 2019.

I found out the set and when released information by filtering for RealTrack 3192 in the RealTracks Picker window and then using the +++ PG Music RealTracks Webpage +++ to verify the set number.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Clipboard02.jpg (211.27 KB, 49 downloads)
RealTracks Picker window screen shot

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Veteran
Veteran
Have you selected the RT from the top row on the main BiaB screen, drug it to the appropriate little box on the upper left of the screen (wav/M4a/Aiff/Mid) and from there drug it to Logic? Takes about 30s to accomplish on my setup. It's my workflow but for you it might help indicate whether the track sounds "correct" to you when the plug-in is not used.

Bud

TRYUK Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Yes that works fine as well Bud. As you say it takes seconds doing it this way, which we have done for years prior to the Plugin. As far as I am concerned I am treating this as Resolved.

Last edited by TRYUK; 08/09/23 08:17 PM.
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
I frequently find little problems when using the plugin as the source of tracks for my DAW. I do the simple, easy thing of exporting the tracks, (flat, centred etc), from BIAB & insert them into the project, (after setting the tempo). After that's successful I load the SGU in the plug in.
This allows me to have some certainty with tracks as well as the advantage of the chord sheet in the DAW.

Last edited by rayc; 08/09/23 11:40 PM.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
Veteran
Veteran
So the resolution was to use the "...export the tracks, (flat, centred etc), from BIAB & insert them into the project"
Which would mean, the conclusion is don't Use the BIAB-VST to insert the tracks.

I have to acknowledge the shortcomings of the BIAB-VST. After 5 years I feel I understand these as much as anyone else. However, I have never seen this exact problem as described in this thread. The RTs have never sounded "different" based on how they are generated or how they are transferred to the DAW. So I am wondering if this is a "Mac" issue?

Is the BIAB-VST different for the Mac versus a PC?

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent

Is the BIAB-VST different for the Mac versus a PC?

Its not a Mac problem and I did not mean to imply there is an issue with the plug-in as I have not encountered such with my use of it. I only meant to suggest an option to try and isolate the OP’s issue. I like the drag to drop box to Logic because I’ve used that with Logic for a decade.

Bud

TRYUK Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
This is the only time I have had this problem with the Plugin. I find that drag and drop works fine for me, which is why I marked the thread resolved.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,641
Posts735,362
Members38,525
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
OlvaJownDay, Tranner Track, Ely Bass, Barking, SYOTR
38,524 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 182
DC Ron 98
dcuny 89
rsdean 70
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.