Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by Janice & Bud
We are, no surprise, blues fans and of the genre shuffles are our fav ... so, hello, we love this!

Glad you brought it back and the resonance in your vocal is perfecto for the vibe.
As are the BiaB session guys and the good mix.

Enjoyed it!

J&B

Hi Folks,

Why, thank you so much for all those niceties! The gravel in the voice isn't that hard to get - as long as the octave range isn't too wide. Glad you liked it - and ther musical facets as well.

Merry Christmas from both of us.

Alan & Di

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

firesong #791473 12/22/23 09:44 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by firesong
Alan...a very classic sounding blues trip...all of the "Without you's" are the same line and melody...why not just cut and paste the best one to cover the one you don't like? (unless of coarse you recorded on tape...do people still do that?)... you sounded right at home in this genre and it was a great performance...very cool!

Hi Dan,

Many thanks for the listen. I think I've cut and pasted only once in all the years I've been doing this. I just put them out there with my best effort.

I doubt there are many people still using tape. I used to use an Akaia 4-track sound on sound reel to reel. That was quite some time ago - 1970s and 80s. And yes, this is a comfortable genre for me.

Thanks so much for the visit.

Merry Christmas,

Alan & Di

Last edited by Al-David; 12/23/23 07:23 PM.

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

NigelSpiers #791475 12/22/23 09:46 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by NigelSpiers
Hi Alan,

This is my kinda music!

I think the vocals are very well done and suit the song perfectly. Reaching for those higher notes - no problem at all.

Also like the harp and guitar breaks.

Only suggestions:
1. Maybe take a little off the bottom end of the vocals - they are a touch boomy.
2. Harp and particularly the guitar solos could be a little louder and less reverb to match the vocals.

Top song - really enjoyable,

Merry Christmas
Nigel

Hi Nigel,

Thanks a bunch for dropping in for a listen. Glad you enjoyed it.

I'm wondering if your listening acoustic environment might be influencing the sound you're hearing. But I'll take your suggestions for future consideration

I appreciate the comments! Best to you,

Merry Christmas!

Alan Di

Andyman #791476 12/22/23 09:49 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by Andyman
A really relaxing, moody blues song. I hope you don't mind me saying, but your vocal reminded me of Bob Dylan (not everyone is a fan).
The band sounds great and I particular liked the blues harp. Nicely done Al.

Hi Andy,

Many thanks for the visit and very kind comments. I never was a big Dylan fan - loved his writing, though. But the analogy is just fine. He had a rather prosperous career with his voice and music. The "band' came together pretty quickly. I was lucky to have found the perfect lead guitar RT.

Again, thanks so much.

Merry Christmas.

Alan & Di

Last edited by Al-David; 12/23/23 07:24 PM.

MarioD #791477 12/22/23 09:51 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by MarioD
Al this is a very good blues song.
Great vocal
Super instrumentation
Great mix
I really liked this one.

HI mario,

I sure do appreciate those comments! It's a good genre for my writing.

Merry Christmas to you & yours.

Alan & Di

Al-David #791510 12/23/23 03:54 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hello Al
This is blues at its best
And what a voice - Awesome Al
I'm not really a blues fan, but this song is really good!!!
Wish you and Di and your loved ones a Merry Christmas
Many greetings
Andi ;-)

Al-David #791530 12/23/23 05:39 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Alan,

It's hard to write a good, original blues song IMO, but you pulled it off. Good write!
Your vocal works for me, suits the song.
Harp and guitar solos sound great.

Merry Christmas to you and Di.

Al-David #791536 12/23/23 06:32 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Alan, Thanks for rescuing this one from the archives. Sounds great! I’ve always enjoyed your soulful vocal stylings. Well put together and a great listen, Tom

B.D.Thomas #791615 12/23/23 02:41 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by B.D.Thomas
For some unknown reason, I didn't expect your voice to sound like it sounds, but I like it.
Fits this genre perfectly.
And don't worry too much about the little imperfections you mentioned... Blues was never meant to sound clean.
It's all about the mood!

B.D.

Thank you very much for the very nice comments. I appreciate them!

Merry Christmas.

Alan & Di

BabuMusic #791618 12/23/23 02:45 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by BabuMusic
Great write and presentation, Alan. "Like that's a big surprise!" Love these Blues and you do them so well. That harmonica was behind the vocal and just dying to get at the mic, and sounded great when he did. Then that guitar solo --wow. Brent?

<scroll up>

Yep.

Superb, but you knew I'd love this one. Like that's a big surprise!

Hey Marty,

Thank you very much. I appreciate all that. I'm more than delighted you enjoyed it! I was surprised by how smoothly the transition from the harmonica to the lead guitar went. BIAB is an incredible piece of software!

Merry Christmas to you and yours. Our grandson, whom we'd not seen in over 12 years, showed up yesterday. Quite a surprise, but a welcome one.

Alan & Di

Al-David #791624 12/23/23 02:54 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Al !😁

This was an absolutely superb blues Al !
I must say it must be one of your absolute
best, at least in my opinion !😊

You and your nearest should
have a most Merry Christmas
and a Happy New Year !

Cheers
Dani

Al-David #792740 12/30/23 11:48 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Alan.

This is really fine listening.
I love the way you've used the 'shuffle' blues genre to unfold a story of heartbreak and misery.
The lyric content, the melody, the gently loping background all joined hands and created a wonderful musical experience.
I was fully involved and actively listening all the way.
Quite honestly, I set out to try and find those 'warts' that you mentioned but by bar 2, I was totally immersed in the lyrics and the music. As a result, I heard none of the artifacts.
Also, your vocals were awesome! Exactly right for this style.

It's New\ Year's Eve here in Australia right now, and I wish you and Di a satisfying 2024.
May lots of joys that you never anticipated find you both as the new year grows.
All the best!
--Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,645
Posts735,417
Members38,526
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
theyearofjess, OlvaJownDay, Tranner Track, Ely Bass, Barking
38,525 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 183
DC Ron 97
dcuny 89
rsdean 72
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.