Originally Posted by animarorecords
Hello Chay,

Thank you very much for inviting me to this work.
Currently, Western music is the mainstream in Japan too, so I myself am not so familiar with traditional Japanese music or Chinese music.
However, I still have the opportunity to listen to them sometimes, so I would like to comment on your song based on that knowledge.
First of all, I thought it is a very ambitious work.
I think it's well done and I can feel the Chinese atmosphere everywhere.
However, it's a bit disappointing that when violins, violas, organs appear, they carry Western atmosphere to the song.
I think it would be a good idea to play a Chinese scale melody with MIDI instruments without using RealTracks.
Although it is a long piece, it is a wonderful instrumental piece that will keep my attention until the end.
And the video is also great.
Enjoyed my listen and watch a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Shigeki, thanks for listening and for the detailed commentary. Using BiaB samples alone made it impossible for Eastern and Western not to mix after the 1st cycle/chorus as there are no Chinese instruments other than the dizi which can take a lead. I tried using pipa, but it just didn't work with the piece. So only the viola worked for the 2nd cycle/chorus - there's no violin in it, just the viola - as it's the closest I could get for the feel of the piece. I'm glad you enjoyed the video images, too

Some favourite Waoist Adages:
#1: Play on the Way.
#17: Ask not for whom the flower blooms, it blooms for you.
#69: Bring consciousness to it.
#74: On the road to effortlessness, effort must be made.
#105: Be Love Now, the rest will come on its own.