RealBand
J
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
J
Simon.
re drivers mc....of course.
actually if you look in tips and tricks forum ive a thread there listing the interfaces with multiclient asio drivers.
includeing focusrite as i find out info.
also listed there are behr umc range also mc asio drivers.
maybe its the older behrs that used asio4all.
if you doubt me check on kvr audio re the newer umc range.

as you know this info is often difficult to find for some odd
reason.
this thread was meant to be just interfaces generally used by pg users to help new folks.
and i started the tips thread just focusing on interfaces with mc drivers.

ps. one reason i like the audients is each channel on my interface...
phsntom 48 can be switched on and off...
im leery to change to a pricier upscale interface as the audient has been a breeze day in/out....also what impresses me is they are open to new ideas. ive had some interesting exchanges with them.

om. 🇨🇦. 🇬🇧

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 01/29/24 07:21 PM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
RealBand
I've owned about 6 different interfaces and all were fine for any my audio apps. I'm new to BiB but I'm using a Zoom L8 as my interface now and it works great.

I did a lot of research and testing over the years and for the most part, if the company produces a proper ASIO driver the device will work. But some drivers are better code than others and we all figure that out and that the top sellers seem to have stable drivers. Ones reported to be iffy are Mackie and Akai and a few off brands that were forgettable.
I just compiled a list of all the 2x2 interfaces that were posted on Sweetwater as well as a few that were not. I listed them from lowest price to highest. The only ones that didn't have ASIO drivers were the 2 cheapest Behringers and the Art's. Then be carful because the M Audio was the least expensive at $50 but is only 16 bit. Then I found out that Presonis have pretty terrible pre amps as compared to most other.
Here's the video

RealBand
J
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
J
thanks for taking the time to post cactus.
while im at it can anyone confirm the new 4th gen scarletts 2i2 have global 48 volts phantom on or off for both channels but not independently ?

one reason i like the audient is each channel can have 48 v
on or off independantly of the other.

om. 🇨🇦. 🇬🇧

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 02/01/24 10:52 AM.

(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
RealBand
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Originally Posted by justanoldmuso
while im at it can anyone confirm the new 4th gen scarletts 2i2 have global 48 volts phantom on or off for both channels but not independently ?

one reason i like the audient is each channel can have 48 v
on or off independantly of the other.

om. 🇨🇦. 🇬🇧
Don't have a 4th gen, but photos show a single 48v button so I assume it's like my 3rd gen and is global. My 3rd gen 18i20 is similar, but has separate buttons for ch1-4 and ch5-8. Exactly the same as my Audiobox 1818VSL too, it's quite common on all but the high end interfaces. My old Fireface 800 could turn on and off 48v per channel, but it was all controlled through software as there are no physical switches on it, and my old MOTU 896HD had a switch per channel.

I work here
RealBand
Expert
Online Content
Expert
thanks for taking the time to post cactus.
Not independently.

Jazz relative beginner, starting at a much older age than was helpful.
Kawai MP6, Korg M50, Ui24R, Saffire Pro 40.
AVL:MXE Linux; Windows 11; Win8.1: Scarletts
BIAB2022 UltraPAK, Reaper, a bunch of stuff.
RealBand
J
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
J
Gordon thanks for info.
sorry i didnt thank you before ..been getting eye surgery.
one of the rhings i like about my audient is each channel
has its own 48v switch.

also i notice now more mics are coming out with built in boosters...usefull for low gain interfaces eg shure sm7 mics and others .
btw still loving my mini pc stunning low dpc latency.
handles all i throw at it so far. boots into win 11 and bb and rb in a few secs. Generating bb tracks is blinkin fast in bb 2024.
thanks for turning me onto low cost mini pc.s.
very impressed...saves me useing gigundous desktops or silly often high dpc laptops.

happiness.

om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 02/27/24 09:56 AM.

RealBand
Expert
Online Content
Expert
Gordon thanks for info.
sorry i didnt thank you before ..been getting eye surgery.
one of the rhings i like about my audient is each channel
has its own 48v switch.

also i notice now more mics are coming out with built in boosters...usefull for low gain interfaces eg shure sm7 mics and others .
btw still loving my mini pc stunning low dpc latency.
handles all i throw at it so far. boots into win 11 and bb and rb in a few secs. Generating bb tracks is blinkin fast in bb 2024.
thanks for turning me onto low cost mini pc.s.
very impressed...saves me useing gigundous desktops or silly often high dpc laptops.

happiness.

om
I'm starting to get the first signs of cataracts. Not yet causing me any problems, but I guess that's only a matter of time.

In theory(!) it doesn't matter whether or not the phantom power is present as non-powered mics just don't use it, but in practice there's a rather higher risk of loud pops. My Saffire controls phantom in blocks. On the Ui24R I think it has individual phantom control on every input, as I guess it should as a mixer rather than just a sound module.

Yes I've noticed the SM7 now comes with a built-in preamp option.

I guess some of the 'deafer' mics were designed presuming that performers know how to project their voices properly, but so many users wouldn't even know what that means. frown Ho Hum.

Jazz relative beginner, starting at a much older age than was helpful.
Kawai MP6, Korg M50, Ui24R, Saffire Pro 40.
AVL:MXE Linux; Windows 11; Win8.1: Scarletts
BIAB2022 UltraPAK, Reaper, a bunch of stuff.
RealBand
J
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
J
MARCH 2024.

to simplify things from now on as new audio interfaces come out…as i find new ones having useful features I will update this thread in the tips and tricks forum.

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=718708#Post718708

in addition when it comes to my recommendations re how to buy a pc suitable for music production OR if someone has problems using an existing pc for music production…and my recommendations…please see this thread in the tips and tricks forum.

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=795663#Post795663

Hopefully the above will help as follows..

1.. people new to music production and pg trying to make audio interface and pc and ancilliary gear buying decisions from the huge array of products on the market. thus saving them money and operational problems.
2..existing users involved in music production who might be encountering problems with their current pc and/or audio interface.
3..existing users looking to upgrade from an old clunker pc to a new pc and/or user interface.
thus saving them money too.

the reason why i started the above two threads is often people aren't aware of this info and/or it's spread out all over the net. so the idea is to save people time searching for it.

I hope this helps further and I wish happiness to all.

om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 03/21/24 06:52 AM.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,645
Posts735,410
Members38,526
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
theyearofjess, OlvaJownDay, Tranner Track, Ely Bass, Barking
38,525 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 183
DC Ron 101
dcuny 89
rsdean 71
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.