Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

John, Did you ever hear the interview Neil Tenant did for the BBC, when he described what it was like recording with Dusty Springfield?

He got the Pet Shop Boys track all set up, gave her the lyrics, adjusted all the monitors etc. Dusty sang the first word of the first line and promptly moved back from the mic. Devestated, Neil went to find out what was wrong, bad key? bad balance in the phones, hopeless song?...

Dusty said everything was fine, but that was just how she recorded - one word at a time!

Now if its good enough for Dusty....

Charge her by the hour.. and let her listen to each word on separate playback before proceeding.

I try to save people money by recording as many tracks at a time for them as I can (etc), the method above has got to be one expensive way to record..

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Quote:

.....that was just how she recorded - one word at a time!

I've seen that Neil Tennant interview ( here on youtube for those who haven't ) and though Neil says it without cracking a smile, I felt that it was a total put on. Especially after he goes on about Dusty's incredible phrasing and gives an example of her recording not just word by word but syllable by syllable sometimes. When something sounds too incredible to be true, it usually is.

Keith
2024 Audiophile Windows 11 AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER 3960X 4.5GHZ 128 GB RAM 2 Nvidia RTX 3090s, Vegas,Acid,SoundForge,Izotope Production,Melodyne Studio,Cakewalk,Raven Mti
Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
Quote:

Like I said it's my opinion & actually it's not really an opinion. Yes many "pros" do this I guess but they are in a different boat sometimes. Differing circumstances may dictate that they do this. To me ,at the level of experience of most of us here I surmise, I wouldn't be proud of something I had to piece meal together because i couldn't do it otherwise.What's the point in that?

I think 'pro' and 'talent' shouldn't be defined as the same thing these days, that's for sure. And I think it's a bit silly to call out vocal comping as something to be ashamed of, considering we're using biab software that that fits the same mold- a prefabricated performance we had nothing to do with in the first place. A bit hypocritical there. At the very least we're SINGING our vocals. It's all just tools to help modestly talented people have fun and get good results, and it gives seriously talented people another tool to get them where they're going. Why use it? Because we can! I'd bet a ton of money that someone like Sinatra, who cut vocals in one take, would love to have the ability to cut a couple of different tracks if he were still around. In fact he probably did many a recording where he could later on in his career and he probably did it. A lot of the one takers did it out of sheer necessity, not by choice, back in the day. And you need to be talented to do that. Not taking that away from anyone and generally I agree- someone who can cut a vocal in one take is a hell of a lot more controlled and skilled than someone who can't. Where I see things more of a lie is using auto tune. That's really lying about a skill you should have as a prerequisite to being not only a vocalist, but a professional vocalist. But the industry went and made itself perfect notes with all the technology available, and not just with vocals either and not just notes, but timing too. The performance has taken a hit because of it all. Now when you hear a variable pitchy vocal it's called into question, even if it's an awesome performance. But if you want to put people at 'levels' it's at this level where I most expect this stuff and comping techniques to be used. At the pro level, I expect the vocalists to be able to sing without all the help. But we all know, it just ain't so. Oh how we know that.

Dan

Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
When I start I recording nowadays I never play or sing anything all the way through. I'm writing the song as I'm recording. I may record a verse or two, rewrite something and then change the song up completely. I may leave a bridge or chorus out cause I'm waiting to find a riff that turns me on. I may think I'm finished then add something else.

It's hard to play a song all the way through when you don't even know where it's going. I never play live anymore and if I had to reproduce what I've done I'd have to rehearse and learn the song. I record them and that's it. They are gone and on to the next one. Fewer and far between as time goes on.

Damn, that's a good line.... As time goes on, o o on.

Off-Topic
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Quote:

I think 'pro' and 'talent' shouldn't be defined as the same thing these days, that's for sure. And I think it's a bit silly to call out vocal comping as something to be ashamed of, considering we're using biab software that that fits the same mold- a prefabricated performance we had nothing to do with in the first place. A bit hypocritical there. At the very least we're SINGING our vocals. It's all just tools to help modestly talented people have fun and get good results, and it gives seriously talented people another tool to get them where they're going. Why use it? Because we can! I'd bet a ton of money that someone like Sinatra, who cut vocals in one take, would love to have the ability to cut a couple of different tracks if he were still around. In fact he probably did many a recording where he could later on in his career and he probably did it. A lot of the one takers did it out of sheer necessity, not by choice, back in the day. And you need to be talented to do that. Not taking that away from anyone and generally I agree- someone who can cut a vocal in one take is a hell of a lot more controlled and skilled than someone who can't. Where I see things more of a lie is using auto tune. That's really lying about a skill you should have as a prerequisite to being not only a vocalist, but a professional vocalist. But the industry went and made itself perfect notes with all the technology available, and not just with vocals either and not just notes, but timing too. The performance has taken a hit because of it all. Now when you hear a variable pitchy vocal it's called into question, even if it's an awesome performance. But if you want to put people at 'levels' it's at this level where I most expect this stuff and comping techniques to be used. At the pro level, I expect the vocalists to be able to sing without all the help. But we all know, it just ain't so. Oh how we know that.

Dan

It is quite ironic that people that are perfectly happy to use pre-recorded midi files and audio files, look down their noses on vocals being comp'ed!!

At least I'm playing my guitars, keyboard parts, bass parts, and even programming drums sometimes (when Jamstix isn't working out). I'm not ashamed one bit to comp a vocal track. I'm doing this for fun for goodness sakes. Why not use the capability?

Do we look down our noses for folks doing editing on other tracks; guitar parts, etc.? If so, why even bother multi-tracking? Get the whole band in the room with an x-y pair and give it a go!

I don't get it.

-Scott

Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
As far as I'm concerned vocal comping is like typing. If you can't type the whole document out perfectly, without a mistake, you shouldn't even be typing.

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
LOL. Funny Charlie

Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
Thankd, Sundance.

Addendum: Actually, thanks to modern technology and wurd processors, you can type it out perfectly. If you know how to spell, that iz.

Hey, that's sort of like recording, isn't it. Damn!

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Before this turns ugly let me make this perfectly clear:
I AM NOT LOOKING DOWN MY NOSE AT ANYONE.
It's just my opinion that time, in a lot of cases, would be better spent on your vocal/instrument chops verses your compilation skills.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
Lenovo Turion II /4 Gig Ram/ Win7x64 be
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.wintertexaninfo.com/BANDS/JohnnyD.php
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

It is quite ironic that people that are perfectly happy to use pre-recorded midi files and audio files, look down their noses on vocals being comp'ed!!

At least I'm playing my guitars, keyboard parts, bass parts, and even programming drums sometimes (when Jamstix isn't working out). I'm not ashamed one bit to comp a vocal track. I'm doing this for fun for goodness sakes. Why not use the capability?

Do we look down our noses for folks doing editing on other tracks; guitar parts, etc.? If so, why even bother multi-tracking? Get the whole band in the room with an x-y pair and give it a go!

I don't get it.

-Scott

Very well said Scott.

I don't get it either.

Last edited by MarioD; 11/10/10 07:10 AM.

I just posted a selfie and all of the responses were get well soon!

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
Quote:

Before this turns ugly let me make this perfectly clear:
I AM NOT LOOKING DOWN MY NOSE AT ANYONE.
It's just my opinion that time, in a lot of cases, would be better spent on your vocal/instrument chops verses your compilation skills.

Quote:

Like I said it's my opinion & actually it's not really an opinion.

Now hold on John, is it your opinion or not your opinion. I'm getting confused. LOL!

Nothing is getting ugly, it's just different ways of doing things. Comping a vocal does not necessarily mean you're not an accomplished vocalist. It doesn't automatically mean you're not good enough. Should everyone practice their instrument and be the best they can? Absolutely. Should everyone who is used to endless choices of multi tracking do an excercise of commiting to one track as opposed to many? Absolutely. The technology isn't actually at fault but it allows you to be lazy and non-commital. It can render you almost incapable of making a desicion, or as you are suggesting John, uncaring to actually getting better in the first place. There is a time and place for everything.

But if you've ever done one punch-in in your life John, you may want to hold onto them stones. And if you always hit the mark every time in one shot, I take my hat off to you and I'm sure there's a long line behind me that will do so as well. I agree though, working on your chops and getting better should always be priority one. But there are many who ARE skilled that punch-in sometimes and do multiple takes sometimes. Nothing wrong with that either...in my opinion.

Dan

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
The thing is, it's not only pitch. It's tempo, plosives, background noise, dynamics, enunciation, feeling, breathing, etc. There are lots of reasons to have multiple takes.

I'll buy into vocal perfection when I hear professional orators complete their spiel without an "uh", or an "err", or when posters on this forum stop making spelling errors (and if you used the backspace key, you made a spelling error).

I can sing a song just fine all the way through without any obvious errors, but that's live, and it's transient. If I'm laying it down for others to listen to multiple times and perhaps to scrutinize, then it's never going to be right the first time (or the second time or the third time).

Just saying....

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Well when I say it's not my opinion it's because it's just my work goal. As I've said before I know it's done on a regular basis.
Dan I've done a fair amount of recording and I won't do punch ins. I'll re-due the whole track but of course I'm not getting paid so usually have the option. For me I just don't get that euphoria I get from nailing a track all the way through. There's disappointment for me if I miss it. This self imposed pressure has made me much better at what I do. I hear way too much "Oh we'll fix it in the mix". I'm like bobflatpicker I don't type so well so sometimes I don't get my point across well. I should have just answered the persons question instead of trying to give side advice. It can be way too easy ,with the tools we have, for a new person just learning the trade to get caught up in the compiling of bits and pieces. My piano teacher always said learn the rules then you can break them. Not until. Strive to do complete tracks then if need be compile.
BTW I had to punch in 6 times so this post is a compilation of my best typing.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
John,

Quote:

Dan I've done a fair amount of recording and I won't do punch ins. I'll re-due the whole track but of course I'm not getting paid so usually have the option. For me I just don't get that euphoria I get from nailing a track all the way through. There's disappointment for me if I miss it.

I've always felt the same way. The old stuff I've recorded doesn’t have any "punch ins", it was do it right or do it over. Especially since it was recorded on an old Tascam 4 track and you had to "bounce" tracks to make enough room.

But if I ever get back into recording, I'm sure I'll be more open to doing this because at my age, with the fingers slowing down, it would be more difficult to pull off the "perfect" take.

A lot of the songs I'd like to record are extremely difficult arrangements of my own that I used to use in the flatpicking contests. Each person’s performance is supposed to be their own arrangement, although a lot of the guys "cheat" and use other peoples solos. They get disqualified if the judges notice.

We're talking about an intro, 4 times all the way through the song of nothing but solos of very technical and difficult instrumentals, and then a tag, while playing on stage in front of several hundred to a few thousand people and having 3 judges critiquing every note. The only way I could pull that off was to practice 3-4 hours a day, every day. I just don't have that drive anymore.

The point is, try recording that stuff in one take!

Since all of the music we hear today has “punch ins”, overdubs, pitch correction, etc., I don’t think I’d feel guilty about “fixing” something without totally redoing it. When playing live, you have to live with the occasional miscue. When recording, I think it’s okay to avail yourself of the same “tools” the pros use.

I think of a recording kind of like a “painting”. If an artist makes a bad brush stroke, he doesn’t chuck the whole thing and start over. He fixes it.

When I start recording again I’ll play my best and “fix” the rest. LOL. It will definitely take some pressure off each take. JMHO.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

John,

Quote:

Dan I've done a fair amount of recording and I won't do punch ins. I'll re-due the whole track but of course I'm not getting paid so usually have the option. For me I just don't get that euphoria I get from nailing a track all the way through. There's disappointment for me if I miss it.

I've always felt the same way. The old stuff I've recorded doesn’t have any "punch ins", it was do it right or do it over. Especially since it was recorded on an old Tascam 4 track and you had to "bounce" tracks to make enough room.

But if I ever get back into recording, I'm sure I'll be more open to doing this because at my age, with the fingers slowing down, it would be more difficult to pull off the "perfect" take.

A lot of the songs I'd like to record are extremely difficult arrangements of my own that I used to use in the flatpicking contests. Each person’s performance is supposed to be their own arrangement, although a lot of the guys "cheat" and use other peoples solos. They get disqualified if the judges notice.

We're talking about an intro, 4 times all the way through the song of nothing but solos of very technical and difficult instrumentals, and then a tag, while playing on stage in front of several hundred to a few thousand people and having 3 judges critiquing every note. The only way I could pull that off was to practice 3-4 hours a day, every day. I just don't have that drive anymore.

The point is, try recording that stuff in one take!

Since all of the music we hear today has “punch ins”, overdubs, pitch correction, etc., I don’t think I’d feel guilty about “fixing” something without totally redoing it. When playing live, you have to live with the occasional miscue. When recording, I think it’s okay to avail yourself of the same “tools” the pros use.

I think of a recording kind of like a “painting”. If an artist makes a bad brush stroke, he doesn’t chuck the whole thing and start over. He fixes it.

When I start recording again I’ll play my best and “fix” the rest. LOL. It will definitely take some pressure off each take. JMHO.

Bob,
I totally agree. You've learned the rules, you've put in the time now you have a right to use the tools. And I bet you're not piece mealing a measure at a time either.
If you watched the CMA last night did you catch George Strait's performance? he choked up on a phrase and it looked like he hacked up a lunger & spit it on the stage. Happened very quick. Bet he wishes he could redue that one.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
Off-Topic
B
Apprentice
Apprentice
B
Everyone is free to use the tools at their disposal as they see fit. Its just a fact of life that nowadays EVERY album that comes out has used AUTOTUNE & COMPED VOCALS, that isn't the end of it, every track is multi-taked & comped, they employ people especially to edit these. Get over it, like it or not it is here to stay & like someone said earlier on in the thread BIAB is exactly the same thing!

Last edited by bupper; 11/11/10 11:02 AM.
Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
I'd like to say something about BiaB that a few are referring to. If you went into a studio and cut a song you would hire musicians (most folks don't play every instrument) or bring your band. This is BiaB, your studio musicians. No difference at all. If you play no instruments (vocalist) or many instruments while using BiaB, the rest is your studio musicians. If you go on stage to play that song, using BiaB, you will take your band with you. BiaB is not the same as comping at all. IMO.

But I have nothing against comping or using modern technology to record a song in the studio. If you put it together, and didn't steal the material you're recording, the 'end product' is what matters and what people will listen to. And 99% of what we record (may be more than that) is going to be listened to very, very, very infrequently.

"The desire for fame is the last infirmity cast off even by the wise."
Cornelius Tacitus
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
John'

Quote:

If you watched the CMA last night did you catch George Strait's performance? he choked up on a phrase and it looked like he hacked up a lunger & spit it on the stage. Happened very quick. Bet he wishes he could redue that one.

Here in WV, we call that "hockin' a lugie". Oddly enough, I've never watched a CMA program in my life, even tho I'm a fan of a lot of the old and some of the new country music. No particular reason, other than I never notice it's on.

Quote:

I bet you're not piece mealing a measure at a time either.

I definitely might do one solo, (32 measures), at a time. Playing 128 measures, plus an intro and ending, of that stuff is way out of my reach at this point in my life. The wrist of my right hand couldn't handle it. That wouldn't have been acceptable to me before, but it would now.

Now if I was playing a "standard" song, and not some ridiculously difficult 128 bar solo, then a "one take" track isn't out of the question.

The tools available today could be "abused" by someone without any real talent, but they can also be "used" by real musicians.

We don't need to make recording a song any harder than it already is, especially if you're playing all the instruments and singing all the vocals and writing the songs, which is what I usually do. But I can't play drums, although I might take a crack at one of those "cajon's" Scott talked about. Look's like fun.

EDIT...................................

And you don't have to be playing and singing all of the parts to justify using the tools now available. It's just a recording, .... or a "painting", if you will. The tools were made to be used, and or abused. Let's lighten up and contribute whatever each of us have to contribute. Then people can listen to it, or as Charlie mentioned,
Quote:

99% of what we record (may be more than that) is going to be listened to very, very, very infrequently.

so THEY will probably NOT listen to it. (Wow! That part sucks, ........ all that work and nobody wants to hear it ??? ................ Yep).

Unless we look like Taylor Swift, most people don't want to hear us sing or play. We do it for ourselves and other musicians. (I kinda hated to post that last part, but it's true, whether we want to admit it or not.) That's why I've always said that I write and play for myself. If anyone wants to listen, they can. If not, that's okay too. That's why I rarely do covers. My music, or no music. No requests. LOL.

Obviously, this isn't a good approach for a "working" musician. So you have to choose between playing stuff you don't like, and playing what you want to play.

Last edited by bobcflatpicker; 11/11/10 06:40 PM.
Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
Quote:

Dan I've done a fair amount of recording and I won't do punch ins. I'll re-due the whole track but of course I'm not getting paid so usually have the option.

There isn't a label footing your studio COSTS, so you have the luxury. Me too. I think it's fair to say 100% of us here have the luxury too. For the record, I've been a professional guitarist and vocalist for 30 years. I recorded tracks for other people and my own work back in the tape days- 8 and 24 track studios. I did my own material on four track cassettes too, where you'd better get it right because 'ping ponging' only degraded the sound more as you did it and punches always had a click sound when you dropped into record. That'll never do! On to Sony four track mini disc recorders- better but a compressed and lossy format. Then a Korg 16 track digital recorder- much better. Now an Akai 24 track recorder- heaven. Years of playing and recording, back when it wasn't easy to do so and now when it's a whole bunch easier to do so. Does that give me the right to use multi tracking and punching too now? I typically go for redo's when it's a guitar part. I consider it a punch-in, only longer ;>) Sometimes I'll drop in a phrase. Many times I'll fix a vocal with a punch or redo, or have multi tracks. Recordings are forever- they have to be as good as they can be.

That was my stance from the very first note I recorded- it has to be right. The better I became, the less I had to noodle about in the recording process. After so many years, I got tired of recording and programming EVERYTHING myself for my own material, so I got biab. That's another step in taking advantage of technology progress. We're all here on this board because we're willing and HAPPY to take advantage of the advancements made in software. PG has an absolute winner here, blending in the power of software with real performances. That's a technological LEAP! So just to be clear, we all pick and choose how far we'll go with all of this for ourselves.

This whole thread went off a bit because someone took issue with comping tracks- as though it makes you less competent. Something to be looked down on for doing. That's too global a rational I think. I think in some instances where someone can't sing well at all but a performance is pieced together with comps and auto tune then yes- that's nothing to be particularly proud of. Maybe be proud of the software that got you there, but not of yourself. We older guys who've been around the block a couple thousand times are always gonna say the youngins have it easy- about ANYTHING. I get that. We have the stories of the glories to back it all up too. But aside from how easy newbies have it these days and the obvious abuses because of how powerful recording, editing, and mixing tools have become, one thing is also true- talented people also punch-in, edit, and comp at times. Nothing to be ashamed about. During the thousands of gigs I've played and the thousands more to come, God willing, I lay it down as best I can with NO redos. But a recording is forever and I'm more than happy to do what it takes to make it perfect. If all that means is pushing record and sitting back and capturing perfect performances in one shot, myself included, then that's a damn fine day too!

But that's me ;>)

Dan

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
This is exactly what I was trying to say. I sometimes, well most of the time, don't express myself properly so others can understand and they get mad.
Quote:

The tools available today could be "abused" by someone without any real talent, but they can also be "used" by real musicians.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
15.6" Monitor
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,732
Posts736,697
Members38,559
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
LesNewzealand, CCCreator, Juha, davyowdoo, Rogee
38,559 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 197
rsdean 113
DC Ron 110
dcuny 93
Noel96 92
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.