You need to be logged in to post on the forum
Topic Options
Index
#99338 - 12/26/10 11:57 PM [User Showcase] PROFESSIONAL CD with RB/BIAB?? (esp. Audiophile version)
vcp Offline

Howdie all,

Might be crazy, but considering purchasing the Audiophile version
to use the WAV files to help produce some tunes to master-quality.
(For Film/TV pitches, etc.)

Has anyone done that successfully?? Would sure love to hear the BEST
that's been done using RT/RB.

Thanks for any links. OR any insights into your experiences attempting this.

All the best!

vcp

#99339 - 12/27/10 10:45 AM [User Showcase] Re: PROFESSIONAL CD with RB/BIAB?? (esp. Audiophile version) [Re: vcp]
Harvey Gerst Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Sanger, TX
I'm currently working on a CD for a customer, using BIAB to supplement their existing acoustic guitar tracks. I hope to post some clips soon.

#99340 - 12/30/10 05:09 PM [User Showcase] Re: PROFESSIONAL CD with RB/BIAB?? (esp. Audiophile version) [Re: Harvey Gerst]
Sergino Offline
Apprentice

Audiophile files are good but working for film or TV need a "translation" to 48k.
I have made some professional work with Bandinabox but not all the instruments are so good
I found some problems in certain instruments like some of the basses.
But you can merge real instruments to the realtracks to get a better sound.
MOTU: 2408 MkIII - 24i - Traveler - MIDI Express XT

#99341 - 12/31/10 01:42 PM [User Showcase] Re: PROFESSIONAL CD with RB/BIAB?? (esp. Audiophile version) [Re: Harvey Gerst]
vcp Offline

Thanks, Harvey! Look forward to hearing what you put together.

#99342 - 12/31/10 02:00 PM [User Showcase] Re: PROFESSIONAL CD with RB/BIAB?? (esp. Audiophile version) [Re: Sergino]
vcp Offline

Thanks for the tip, Sergino! I'm hoping to use some of the Real Tracks
as embellishment for live vocals/guitar/piano, but will have to see
what I can accomplish as I'm still waiting for delivery of my 2011 version.

And judging by the limited number of replies so far, I'm starting to think
this is going to involve a lot of experimenting ;-))

Are there any links to the songs you produced using Real Tracks?

vcp

#99343 - 12/31/10 02:24 PM [User Showcase] Re: PROFESSIONAL CD with RB/BIAB?? (esp. Audiophile version) [Re: vcp]
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

Loc: Kentucky
Here is my latest song on myspace called Put God back in School. it is all real instruments.

My Music
Read My Blog

Psalm 57:7 My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.

#99344 - 12/31/10 06:33 PM [User Showcase] Re: PROFESSIONAL CD with RB/BIAB?? (esp. Audiophile version) [Re: PgFantastic]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Hi vcp,

You probably already done this but, in case you haven't ...

If you have a scroll through and listen to some of the songs in this User Showcase forum, you'll hear what Realtracks and Realdrums can sound like. As I understand it, most of the songs presented use the non-audiophile version of RTs and RDs. This should give you some idea of the potential of BIAB and RB.

Regards,
Noel

#99345 - 12/31/10 09:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: PROFESSIONAL CD with RB/BIAB?? (esp. Audiophile version) [Re: Noel96]
Shockwave199 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Long Island, NY
My experience thus far is that the audio file version isn't hands down needed to make quality, pro level tracks. I always work at 24/44 and I too was a bit leary of having WMA files as opposed to going with audiophile version. Happily, to my picky ears it's just not a problem. The biggest challenge with the 2010 version has been time stretching and pitch shifting in certain instances. It is this area that will give you more challenges from time to time than the audio quality of the original files. But the 2011 version has addressed this it seems, so even that won't hold you up any longer. As long as you can get clean, artifact free stretched and pitched tracks when you're working, there isn't a single thing bad about the audio quality of the ultra pack or less. Not to my ears. The files sound great by default and respond as expected to the mixing chores of eq, compression, etc- as well as applying plugins to them. And really, no one is gonna pick it out and say- nice track but it wasn't wav files! What they will pick up on is the quality of the song, arrangement, any artifacts you may have let get by from massaging the tracks, and the end product of your mix/master. All of that is in the operators hands to get right, except for the softwares ability to give you great results from stretching and pitching- no matter a WMA or wav file. As I said, the 2011 version is where you want to be. But really, 100% of the outcome is in your hands and the talent you bring to the table, no matter what the challenge or file rates you're working with. I've heard some great work done here and it wasn't the audiophile versions as far as I know. I have a couple of my own I could point you to, but PM me about it. I don't want to seem like I'm plugging my work.

I can't imagine a better tool than biab and real tracks and drums to have at your disposal. You do need some good editing skills and some inginuity at times. And some extra drum samples helps big time as well. All that combined goes a long way to people not saying it's a biab track. Certainly WAY more than the choice of the audiophile version. In your shoes, I wouldn't hesitate for a second picking up 2011 ultra pack. Good luck.

Dan

My YT Channel- http://www.youtube.com/user/dfizzbom

#99346 - 01/03/11 12:00 AM [User Showcase] Re: PROFESSIONAL CD with RB/BIAB?? (esp. Audiophile version) [Re: Shockwave199]
vcp Offline

Thanks for all the input, folks! Sorry for the delay replying -
my 2011 Ultra-Pak arrived Friday and have been a little overwhelmed
trying to work my way through it AND a new laptop with Windows 7 after
many, many years of XP.

Definitely hitting the wall at times (there is a LOT to process ;-)) but
hoping there'll be light at the end of the tunnel if I persist. (And now
that I finally got gd Norton Anitvirus turned off! It automatically
quarantined the BIAB files I tried to load.)

Please feel free to let me know any tricks you found to get up and running at a
practical level as quickly as possible, especially with Real Styles/Tracks/Band.

Thanks!

And Happy New Year's!

#99347 - 01/16/11 06:38 PM [User Showcase] Re: PROFESSIONAL CD with RB/BIAB?? (esp. Audiophile version) [Re: vcp]
vcp Offline

As promised above, Harvey posted his professional cuts using BIAB for everyone
to hear. Thanks, Harvey! Great job!

If you haven't already, you can listen to Harvey's tunes and read the comments here:
Harvey's Post

(Just finished my own first attempt with BIAB. I'll try to post it separately,
but in case I screw up, it's here: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=630619&songID=10076716 )

#99348 - 01/16/11 08:55 PM [User Showcase] Re: PROFESSIONAL CD with RB/BIAB?? (esp. Audiophile version) [Re: vcp]
Shockwave199 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Long Island, NY
Quote:

And now
that I finally got gd Norton Anitvirus turned off! It automatically
quarantined the BIAB files I tried to load.

My opinion, remove NAV completely. It's like an invasive virus all in itself. Macffee too- terrible. The only one I've used that actually doesn't break your chops on a constant basis is AVG. Look it up. That and Malwarebytes combined has given me the best, unobtrusive protection I ever had. Up to you though. Good luck.

Dan

My YT Channel- http://www.youtube.com/user/dfizzbom

#99349 - 01/16/11 09:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: PROFESSIONAL CD with RB/BIAB?? (esp. Audiophile version) [Re: Shockwave199]
bobcflatpicker Offline
Veteran

Loc: WV, USA
Quote:

My opinion, remove NAV completely. It's like an invasive virus all in itself.

Ditto!

#99350 - 01/17/11 08:11 AM [User Showcase] Re: PROFESSIONAL CD with RB/BIAB?? (esp. Audiophile version) [Re: bobcflatpicker]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Quote:

Quote:

My opinion, remove NAV completely. It's like an invasive virus all in itself.

Ditto!

A BIG+1

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#99351 - 01/17/11 02:00 PM [User Showcase] Re: PROFESSIONAL CD with RB/BIAB?? (esp. Audiophile version) [Re: MarioD]
vcp Offline

Agree 100% guys re: NortonAntiVirus. (The only reason I didn't do a complete uninstall is because the laptop is still under 30-day return period and may be going back.)

In fact, NAV created such a hassle when I first installed BIAB that I think this anti-virus-software aspect warrants a post in General Discussion to warn other newbies like me. And to see which software seems ok. (e.g. I use Avast and it has been quite painless.)

Cheers!

Van

PS Started a thread in Tips & Tricks.

Edited by vcp (01/17/11 02:17 PM)

#99352 - 01/17/11 03:32 PM [User Showcase] Re: PROFESSIONAL CD with RB/BIAB?? (esp. Audiophile version) [Re: vcp]
Robh Offline
Veteran

Loc: California
Happy Avast user here as well. Never had a hassle with it.
Toshiba dual core Win 7 8 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Professional, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, jazz bass clone, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

#99353 - 01/17/11 05:07 PM [User Showcase] Re: PROFESSIONAL CD with RB/BIAB?? (esp. Audiophile version) [Re: Robh]
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
I'm also pretty happy with Avast!, although it tends to suck up resources after logon. On my very slow and ancient laptop it's especially noticeable when it phones home.

It's the correct thing for an antivirus program to do, but it adds a noticeable of delay to an already slow machine.

Plus, the price is great.

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#99354 - 01/17/11 05:28 PM [User Showcase] Re: PROFESSIONAL CD with RB/BIAB?? (esp. Audiophile version) [Re: dcuny]
Matt Finley Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hudson Valley & Lake George NY
Remove Norton +1

Use Avast or AVG or Microsoft Security Essentials, +1
BIAB 2018 Win Audiophile; [& 2018 Mac UltraPak]. Software: Mixcraft, Adobe Audition, Ozone, Encore; Win 10 64 Pro. Hardware: custom i7, 16 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Focusrite 18i20(2), TCE Finalizer, Behringer X-Touch, Adam sub & monitors.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® Backing Tracks on the Masterclass 'Melodic Choices' Tour!

The Masterclass 'Melodic Choices' tour with Michael Dolce is on its final month, with dates remaining in Australia!

Michael uses Band-in-a-Box® to create the tracks for this tour!

A few images from the event:
Image 1
Image 2
Image 3

A little information about Michael Dolce :
Michael Dolce is one of Australia's premier guitarists whose career spans over 27 years. He has worked with Delta Goodrem, Lionel Richie, The Madden Brothers, Good Charlotte, Keith Urban, Kelly Rowland, Kylie Minogue, Roachford, Jessica Mauboy, Ricky Martin, Ronan Keating, Jessie J, Seal, Will-I-Am, Paulini, Marvin Priest and many more. He is the house guitarist for the hit show 'The Voice' and has been touring the country with his 'Masterclass' series for the past 3 years sharing his concepts, approach, technique and knowledge.

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows - User Programmable Functions

But, what if you want to be able to tell the program to do MORE than that?

Head to Chapter 14: User Programmable Functions within the online manual, and you'll learn more about programmable features like:

The StyleMaker
Create brand-new styles or edit existing styles!

Making RealDrums Styles
Template file included! You can either record a drummer, or you can piece together a wave file using drum loops!

The Harmony Maker
Create or edit your own (or existing) harmonies!

The Soloist Maker and The Melodist Maker
Define your own Soloists or Melodists in whichever style you'd like!

The Guitarist Maker
The program will intelligently arrange any melody to a guitar chord solo by inserting real guitar voicings throughout the piece. There are many preloaded Guitarists to choose from, or you can customize existing Guitarists’ settings or make your own Guitarists from scratch using this feature.

#TBT Band-in-a-Box® 2017 Review - Software for Learning Saxophone

McGill Music Sax School posted a video review of Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Windows last year, stating "I love using software to help learn saxophone. One of my favourite programs is Band-in-a-Box. It's a really powerful tool for quickly making backing tracks I can use for lessons, or my own practice."

Check it out! www.pgmusic.com/?vid=2AgfV7emdLQ

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - Importing MIDI Files

Did you know that Standard MIDI files can be read in to the Melodist or Soloist track within Band-in-a-Box? You can use all of the MIDI File, or select channels or a specific range of bars, using these steps:
1. Melody | Import Melody from MIDI File to select a MIDI file from disk using the file dialog.
2. Melody | Import Melody from Clipboard - when the MIDI data is already copied from another program to the
clipboard.

A new window will open, asking for additional criteria - which channels, # of bars to offset..., # of bars to import, include lyrics, include patch changes - and more! Head to our online manual Chapter 10: Working with MIDI to learn more!

YouTube Find - Your First 15 Minutes with Band-in-a-Box

Woody Piano Shack recently got their hands on Band-in-a-Box after a long time without the program - and they're thrilled!!

Check out this video they've shared to their YouTube Channel: https://youtu.be/9dxSfwjBvG0

Thanks Woody Piano Shack!

National Dictionary Day - Guitar & Piano Chord Dictionaries

Today is National Dictionary Day!

We offer 2 dictionaries for just $19 each: the Guitar Chord Dictionary & the Piano Chord Dictionary!

Each of these programs are easy to use! Simply choose a root note, select the chord you want to learn, and the Dictionary will play and display the chord!

An Essential Tool for any Musician!

User Tip - Band-in-a-Box® to Reaper: The Basics

Forum user DeaconBlues09 has created a video to demonstrate how easy the process is for them to streamline their workflow with DAWs, particularly Reaper - check it out: click here to watch.

Join the forum discussion.

Forum Stats
28094 Members
57 Forums
54493 Topics
450735 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Molldur, Frans, Gregle, sergio2018, Pellegrino

28093 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 205