Hi cychan7570,
I have a version of BiaB version of Only You by the Platters. If you send me a private message with you email address I’ll sent it to you.

You may be able to do what you want to do in BiaB but it would be much easier if you used a sequencer. Using a sequencer you can record more than one track, you can record only a section of a song, have more than one midi out port etc. I don’t recall if BiaB 2009 came with RealBand or not. If it didn’t you may want to consider upgrading. Also there are a number of free sequencers here.

If you’re looking for a “that’s close enough” version of Only You than BiaB generated tracks using midi, RealTracks or both will work. If you’re looking for a note for note cover you will have to use midi. (Note that John and I totally disagree about midi; midi is alive and well. However it does take money to get realistic sounds using midi.) Using midi you can change every note to match the original version of the song where you can not do that with RealTracks. However if you are using an inexpensive midi source than RealTracks will sound much more realistic.

You haven’t mentioned a mic yet. What are mic are you planning to use? More information on that will help us help you.

Good luck.

Last edited by MarioD; 01/03/11 07:16 AM.

I want my last spoken words to be "I hid a million dollars under the........................"

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware