My present computer is also too slow for biab/rb 2011.

Along with biab/rb 2011 and tracktion 3.
I have other older software and a plotter that Win 7 32 or 64 does not support.
So I found someone to build a faster system for me, with xp Professional.
With this faster sytem and xp Prof. my max ram will be 4 gig.
Plus a video card with 1 gb of ram.
The processor will be an Intel dual core 3.02 gb 1066 fbs.

My biggest dilema in putting together a new computer was dual core vs quad core.

I chose a dual core rather than a quad core based on info I had gotten from other forums on the web.
but like many forums, the content may or may not be totally accurate,
so any input as to the validity of the following thought process would be greatly appreciated.

My understanding was money would be better spent on a faster dual core processor than on a slightly slower quad core.
Even though in theory, under most application, the slightly slower quad core would normally process more info than the fast dual core (more paths for data to flow) and actually run many programs faster.
Processing functions of programs like Biab/rb does not take full advantage of the extra cores, and should actually run faster on the faster dual core rather than the slightly slower quad core.
Programs like games however with sound effects along with graphics/animation would take advantage of more cores in the processor, and therfore would actually run faster with the slightly slower quad core.

Again, the above thought process may or may not be accurate.
Maybe someone in the know will comment as to it's validity and clear up this grey area of dual core vs quad core.

Good luck on your new computer system.
Sorry I could not help you much, but I thought by highlighting this processor issue some tech savey folks might chime in and help.