Let me be clear. I'm not using the Ketron. This has nothing to do with the sound source. Until I'm proven otherwise, and I'd love to be, the basic F5 utility for sending higher bank Program Changes is broken. I think Keith's issue is the same. I scanned that (very long) other thread about the SD2, and so far am convinced all issues can be explained by my supposition.

I just rebooted my computer: no improvement. Running build 313 under Win 7 pro x64. Here's a typical test:

1) Load new song, make it one chorus, 12 bars, key of C, no chords entered.
2) Solo the piano and ensure it's on default channel (3). Set it to no patch change, (or to a GM patch, doesn't matter.)
3) Disable any DXi.
4) Load a style that has a piano patch defined (or does not, doesn't matter), but disable style patch changes in Midi Options.
5) In the chord window, put cursor in Bar 5, first half, and press F5. In the patches column, choose a patch from the higher bank selector. It can even be a GM patch, if that bank is included in your .pat file, as it is in mine. Disable "send patch changes with Style" although that setting makes no difference here.
6) Open the MIDI Monitor and toggle the "always on top" tick - even if it is already on (there's a bug here that doesn't honor this setting until you manually reset it; and Keith YES, I also get that crazy "rebuilding list" message from the MIDI monitor; there's another bug in the Midi Monitor with the 'play' button; the MIDI monitor's been buggy this way for years. But I digress). Set the monitor filter for only Channel 3, and only controllers 0 and 32, and the program change.
7) Set an initial GM patch for the piano at top of chord window (or leave it no patch defined, doesn't matter). Oh wait, I already said that. But if you do it now, you'll see the change immediately displayed by the Midi Monitor, which should convince you it is at least capturing events correctly. (If you don't see that, make sure you've got "Host Program Output" ticked in the Filter window.)
8) Hit play from main menu and watch midi monitor.
The initial transmissions are sent (cc's only if there was no patch defined, program change included if there was), but NOTHING from Bar 5! Zilch. Nada. And, btw, in the F5 window, higher bank dialog, the "Send Patch" button doesn't work either.
9) Use the Save + button with "save all settings with song" enabled. I save as "test.sgu". Reload the .sgu, and play again with midi monitor open. Same result.

If you're uncomfortable with midi monitor, use a Dxi or synth, and do same test, watching for patch changes on that channel.

Repeat: this is NOT a synth problem. It's a fundamental breaking of the higher bank sending facility when it's invoked at the bar settings level. You load a higher bank patch at the song level (ie. at the top of the chord sheet), it works. You do so from F5, it doesn't.

Matilda, I'm down on my knees, I'm begging you please: Prove me wrong.... (apologies to Simon & Garfunkel)

-Ron