I listened- it's good but I prefered the first one. Now everything is kind of numbed out. As far as instruments go in an arrangement, if nothing makes a statement, there is nothing to grab onto. The original version had something good going for it. Yeah, maybe there were a couple of misplaced drum hits or fills, but it had a charm- and that stuff could have been adjusted. With that groove wiped out, it all just kinda lays there. This is a prime example of how sometimes we're so close to an arrangement we can't get it ourselves. A good producer needs to guide the way. And sometimes following even well meaning suggestions leads to a wrong turn. Don't get me wrong, this is a wonderful track. I like it a bunch. But it had a certain bounce- a certain something that's been numbed out now, rythmically speaking. The feeling and delivery of the vocal is great and in the end, that's the most important part really. Really nice job and song. I don't think there's a better gift than a special song like this to give to loved ones. Good for you Steve.

Dan