Hi guys thanks for the suggestions.

I finally found a way around this problem. Many others have similar issues which you can read about here:

http://mtippach.proboards.com/index.cgi?...=786&page=1

Quoted from another thread: "Win-7 or ASIO4All is tying up Direct Sound when it creates the ASIO interface. I can play multiple audio files using Winamp and Windows Media Player but as soon as ASIO4All is opened Direct Sound is locked."

This did not happen under XP.

So my solution depends on you having a Creative sound card because you need to use the Creative ASIO in BiaB and then use the ASIO4ALL in Amplitube.

If you want to play the guitar while listening to a backing track (MP3, WAVE etc) then you'll need to get a DAW like "Reaper" and load Amplitube into a track as a VST and the MP3 into another track.

There is a Windows Media Player plugin which will allow you to use Creative ASIO to play songs but I personally had problems with my system after using this. It would have been the best solution meaning no DAW required... shame it was buggy.

Even though it is said that ASIO4ALL is meant to work this way I can't explain why this problem was not in XP. Creative ASIO does not have this problem, I can have BiaB and Amplitube use this at the same time without issues, but as I said before the latency in Amplitube is too high (about 300 ms).

Hopefully this will help someone else.

Specs:
Creative X-fi with front bay audio panel
AMD Phenom II 555BE x2
4GB 1333 DDR3 ram
Windows 7 64 bit