Hello Benboom,

Quote:

The PlugSound Global (06, in this case) is multitimbral and is designed specifically to be a replacement for the cheesy MS Wavetable.

Short clip: "This Plugsound provides a realistic and contemporary world sound library designed to substitute to the cheesy GM players, both software and hardware. The global collection faithfully follows the GM standard for sound classification. The acoustic and electric piano category is first, followed by Pitched Percussions, Organs, Guitars, Basses, Strings, Ensemble Sounds, Brass, Reeds, Pipes… The collection then moves on to Synth Leads, Pads and Composites, followed by Ethnic, Percussive and Sound Effect categories. Volume 6 then offers another 128 presets consisting of light versions of the original 128 GM presets. Finally, 7 GM drum kits are supplied, followed by 7 light versions."

And it works fine in other sequencers. But maybe it just won't work with BIAB, and Lounge Lizard won't work with it either? Does anybody here use a soft synth instead of the MS Wavetable? Which one?

Does PlugSound Global respond to patch changes? (program change messages). If not, then I suppose you'll hear whatever the default patch is (piano) unless you manually set up the patches yourself. In SampleTank for example, you need to choose the patches manually for each of the channels in the SampleTank interface.

I'm not familiar with how PlugSound works. I suspect you will be able to get it working, but it will require a little extra work to set your patches. If the samples are large and take a long time to load, there is documentation in the "C:\bb\BandStand Technical Notes" folder that may help you.

Let us know what you find.

Andrew
PG Music Inc.