If you join facebook, make sure you give someone trusted your password. A former friend of mine died a year ago. Tragically he was a good friend at one point, but got into a spiral. Separated, then lost his job, his legacy money ran out, and so did his time.

But my daughter knows his daughter on facebook. He's my age. And for some reason once a week his face comes up with the suggestion that I 'friend' him. He can't reply. I wish there was a way to 'freeze' him out, for sometimes I think I should have tried to do more to help. I made several attempts at that but he had weakened to the point of no return. Sad.

We have no organization in common, except one men's club no one knows about. I've never published anything to connect me to that thing. Club had no name. Cigars and tuxes, once a month. 2 single malts, and a cigar. We had no executive, no rules. I don't get it.

My wife is to post a notice when I go, put a mail notice to return emails, and a week after kill my facebook.

I'd like to figure out a way for someone to put my ashes in the soup of The Leader of Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition. He can bite me. (For the yanks that means the head of our Democratic Party.)

John Conley
Musica est vita