I actually got this idea while writing to a different thread, at http://www.pgmusic.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=208088, and mentioned it there, in my second post to the thread (post #208094). The suggestion seemed to get lost in the discussion there, so I think the idea merits its own thread.

Not sure if this is the right place for it, as it is not exactly a suggestion for an improvement in BIAB, but a suggestion for a new product--a BIAB plugin.

That other thread was about ways of working with BIAB together with a sequencer program, especially with these new aspects of RealDrums and RealTracks.

Of course, one good solution to that problem is to use RealBand as one's sequencer, which already has a lot of BIAB functionality built into it.

However, as I mentioned there, many people will prefer to continue to use the sequencer-DAW applications that they are already used to. The only way for these applications to interface with BIAB is to save files in BIAB, that one can import into the sequencer. (Formerly one saved MIDI files in BIAB for importation into the sequencer, but now, with RD and RT, it could well make sense to save those tracks to .wav as well.)

I am not a programmer, so I don't know if the following suggestion is practical, but I will throw it out there. Why not develop a VSTI-DXI-RTAS BIAB plugin, which could add some of the functionality of BIAB, including RealDrums and RealTracks, to any program that can use those plugins?

The plugin version could be bundled with the regular BIAB program, or sold separately (with discounts, of course, for BIAB users).

What are user's opinions of such a possibility? Any comments from PG, whether you think it is feasible, and a good idea?

(If you do end up creating and selling that new product, do I get a commission for suggesting it? )