Quote:

Another little thing I love the way that realband lets you render midi tracks to wav, and just wonder why programs like cubase and maybe others don't let you do this? I know that playing a midi track in cubase through a vst instrument lets you mixdown easy enough, but just wondering why such a basic thing like been able to render a midi track to wav is not there? well as far as I know anyways.

thanks a lot.

Musiclover

In fact, I can't think of a single main-line DAW that does NOT let you do this. The way that they do it is, in some respects, more elegant that PG products. In many of these products, this is called 'freeze'.

It let's you commit the current state of whatever midi tracks AND audio tracks to a 2 track audio file for temporary purposes - if you are just working on a stem of a mix, there's no need to bother the CPU with rendering a bunch of VSTi and VST effects on the fly that you don't plan to change while you work on a different part of the mix.

The reason this has a little more elegance is that it doesn't require one to click around, import the rendered file, etc. It all kind of happens in the background.

And as far as I know, they also will allow rendering of midi to VSTi/VST into audio tracks. BTW in Cubase, it's called 'Audio Mixdown'.

-Scott