Hi John

That's a nice solution - as with many things, I wish I had started doing something similar when there were about 24 built in styles and a couple of dozen add-ons, rather than several thousand BAIB ended up with!

It still raises the issue about working with midi and real tracks at the same time, with the need for hybrid styles (for example, in order to audition the midi part with the other RT parts still playing) and the balance issues posed by the considerable volume difference between most RTs and the parts played through Forte/VSC etc.

I suppose the other point is that folks like you and I (and many of the "older" forum members) used BAIB for years as Midi only and so have a good level of familiarity both with working with the midi styles and where the "good" parts are (and hence how to extract them). Not the least of the problems is that parts within midi styles are only ever labelled "Bass, Drums, Piano, Strings, Guitar", even where the piano part is actually an organ, the strings are actually a synth pad and the guitar is a horn section!

Someone coming fresh to this (the "Real Tracks Generation") would be likely to miss out on such a huge legacy of useful parts. Working with individual parts from midi styles alongside RTs is, I suspect, far from intutive, and really would require a high level of familiarity with the programme.

Brian