Fifer,

I remember the day I brought my Tyros home and plugged it into Biab. It sounded like I had a brand new band playing behind me. The hurdle with a midi style lies in the sound of your playback device. If you don't have something up-to-date, instrument sound-wise, you get frustrated with Biab, even though it is NOT Biab's fault. Thus the RT's . . . .

I agree with you 100 % about the midi styles. Some of them are better then the Real Styles or Tracks. I have overcome the "I wished this midi style was done with real instruments" by using RealBand to convert the midi part(s) to wave files in my song and THEN adding each Real Track part, if any, until I have what I want.

It all lies within our midi playback device to make "it" happen. I would encourage anyone who is using PG Software to invest in a sound module/keyboard/Vst(i)/keyboard that will have real sounding midi instrument patches.

Also, having the "Hybrid Style Maker" available to us in Biab, we can make our own midi styles with just a few mouse clicks. I would also encourage everyone who uses Biab to invest some time with the Hybrid Style Maker. The HSM is another powerful tool when it comes to customizing a midi style or making one completely from scratch.

I think the PG Team have been busy with the latest software updates and getting the RT's recorded for it. I don't think we have seen the last of the midi styles either. At least, I really hope not?

Killer Sound Module + Biab + RealBand = Makin it happen.

Trax