Well after restoring my system by replacing the HD, I noticed that the SC is still not recognized as a selectable device. Fortunately, this issue is only on 1 of my laptops and the unfortunate thing is that the problem laptop is only capable of 256mg of memory and has a slower processor using service pack 2 (service pack 3 slows the entire system down). It's really old. (Compaq Amanda), but it has a built in CD/DVD burner, a 3.5" floppy drive, 1 usb port and they don't make them like this anymore, thus the problem (dedicated just for music and was under $100.00). My other laptop which is an old IBM ThinkPad, has the same built in devices, but the memory is larger and uses a faster Pentium processor, service pack 3 and the SC works as designed, on this one....

The only thing I can think of why one laptop sees the SC and why the other one doesn't is that, the IBM is faster and runs on Windows XP Pro with service pack 3, verses the XP Home Edition with service pack 2, that's on the slower Compaq. I could be wrong, but it's still baffling??? Has anyone else experienced this or is it just me, again?

Wrkinit (sometimes)

Last edited by Wrkit; 04/29/12 09:24 AM.