Hi all. Hoping someone may have some advice for me on active speakers or reference monitors. No return when I search the forums on this which seems weird.

Anyhow, I use BIAB and other programs mostly to provide backing for tenor sax. So I need my sound system to be pretty beefy so I dont drown it out. I also do some mixing, (but not pro) so I want the sound to be reasonable quality and as flat as possible. Also of course I want to listen to general music on the same system. Also the speakers live on a busy desktop, so they cant be too huge. And there's a risk of the speakers getting knocked.

So I need a good few watts, good frequency response, not too big, and ideally a grill on the front. Oh yes and I'm skint.

Heres my observation on the following:
M-Audio AV40: compact, good price, have grill, bit low power at 30W RMS total, response bit low at bottom end.
M-Audio BX5a: bit too big, bit pricey, no grill, probably good for 70W RMS total + good response.
KRK Rokit 5: compact, big bucks, no grill, power and response good
Resolv A5: bit big, good price, grill on tweeter only, 75W RMS total, response bit iffy at low end
Alesis M1 Active 520/USB: bit big, no grill, bit pricey, 60W RMS total, response good
Behringer MS40: quite compact, cheap, grill on tweeter only,40W RMS??. response not quoted.
ESI Near 05: compact, bit pricey, no grill, 70W RMS??, response not quoted.

Anyone have any thoughts on this please? - I'd be grateful. TBH if I thought the AV40 would be loud enough I think I'd go with those - they seem to get good user reviews generally.
Cheers, Tommo