Quote:

Take a look in BIAB at Alt+F2, which is File, Save Song with Patches and Harmony. Make sure all the left-hand column checkboxes are checked, and the Save All Settings With Songs checkbox in the upper right is checked.

Matt, some song files are marked so and play the right patches, others are so marked and don't. Some I can mark so and save, re-open the file a few songs later and some play, others won't. During playback I can manually select any patch bank. Saving it with those patches, re-opening the file and playing it with those saved patch settings is another story.

Still looking for some clues from anyone using a JV-1080, JV family synth with biab.

Puzzling, in the "file, save w/patches" dialog, the upper patches don't populate when selected from the selct all button. Also, the higher banks are not selectable from the individual instrument drop downs in that dialog - only GM patches. But, it does save those patches - sometimes - when previously selected by clicking the instrument buttons on the main gui one at a time > selecting the "+" upper bank menu dialog > and selcting the patches> and executing the "file save w/patches". But it doesn't show the patches in the dialog.

Curious, those patch selections don't populate in the "file save w/patches" window, but they DO populate in the main bb gui just above the GM drop down.

There's another curious issue in the "+" dialog - when navigating the drop down for selcting an instrument "group" and / or ticking the "family" checkbox. The result is wide variety of seemingly unrelated instruments; e.g. selecting "acoustic piano" or "Trumpet" diplays a list containing bass, sax, drums, flute, pads and other unrelated instruments. Just a few "pianos" or "trumpets" appear on the short list - I have a several dozens of piano patches. It doesn't make sense.

From the above examples, it' not a stretch to speculate that some of these functions for the hardware synths may be orphaned remnants. PG's more recent development has been geared toward RT and soft synth functionality with biab. What do you experience with your hardware? Any similar eccentricities?

Of course it's also very possible I'm not applying some obscure biab setting(s)....

Still working on it.