The have no access to your computer. And your stuff is under your "control" since your account has a password on it, and you don't delete your original from your computer, so.... too much on the news about security that scares people. Nobody wants your cookie recipe. You are not a prized target to hack. I won't get into how encryption works because that's not what this forum is for, but if someone is smart enough to first of all guess a 128 bit encryption key AND know which algorithm created it, then can have my files. They earned them......

That offline storage is just a server somewhere with your directory on it. You have to initiate transfers, they can not reach out randomly and look at your computer.

But bottom line, it's your call on what you do. Carry flash drives around instead. But then, to carry the "paranoia" concept to it's ultimate conclusion, what would prevent someone from "hacking" YOU by clunking you on the head and stealing your flash drives from your pocket? And sadly, in this world we live in now, THAT is more likely to happen than someone hacking into some remote storage drive and picking YOU to steal from.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.