The rfid card is another matter. If you have one a simple 5 buck envelope to put it in will safeguard the data. I don't have one. Yet.

As to the Google and gmail thing, they make money from ads. That's the biz. If I get an email from someone who is pushing a cookie recipe guess what comes up on the right hand side. Stoves, mixes, cookies. But if it's mics it's electronic gear. I'm fully informed and aware. And not worried. The second google did something wrong with data there would be a crash that would reverberate around the world.

My daughter in law works for one of the world's largest banks. Corporate computing relations. They scan all of facebook and twitter to see who's saying what about them. 24/7. Can't have a rumour start or a PR disaster wait until the next biz day. She hates twitter but took the job, 2 rungs up in pay and other goodies. She doesn't even twit. I'd hate to have a twit for a family member.

All that said I can create docs using google docs. My spreadsheets are passed around to those who need them, without me emailing them. They can update them or not depending on my permissions. We did all this with Unix in the past, it's not really new, but it's new to the pc level of thinking. And at work they READ my emails. All of them. BORING.

I never thought to send pictures of my Conley out though. I'm not much of a weiner. Or is it wiener? Danke.

John Conley
Musica est vita