Bob, couple of thoughts.

First, about SONAR, I have X1 after using SONAR 3, 5, 7, and 8.5. Be aware that all those were very similar to version 4, but X1 is a very different animal. I like it, but it takes some relearning. Most of the deal-breaker bugs are fixed now but a couple of very specific ones remain. There's more to this, of course, if you need it.

Second, about M-Audio, I also read some warnings here about drivers and Windows 7 64-bit. It is my understanding that the problems people experienced were mostly a year ago, and that the drivers have been updated and things work fine now. Others may have a different view, but my Fast Track Pro works great.

ps I LOVE Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, running from a SSD boot drive. Not one BSOD in over a year!

also ps: forgive some repeated info. I see you are the same poster where we corresponded about having two soundcards.

Last edited by Matt Finley; 07/01/11 11:31 AM.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors