I plan to move BIAB (et al) to a new Windows 7-64 computer. BIAB is currently on an external USB HD listed as Drive K. I would like to move BIAB from the external drive and on to one of the two 1Tb 7,200 rpm hard drives I have in the Win7-64 box. Here's what I think I should do:

1. Connect the external HD to the Win7-64 computer

2. Copy the BB folder and all subfolders to one of the two 1T HDs; probably loading it into the drive with the system and programs, and leaving the second 1 Tb drive for data storage

3a. Connect the BIAB2011 ultra external drive (PG Music installation drive) and reinstall BIAB. (I believe the program will prompt me for the location, in which case I'll tell it where I copied BIAB.)

3b. Reinstall RealBand and all the other ancillary programs that come with BIAB from scratch (I won't copy them from the external HD called "K", so this is a fresh install for these programs.)

4. Apply patches to bring BIAB up to date

5. Reinstall Coyote Forte DXi

6. Everything works as planned

I guess the easiest way is just to leave BIAB on the external drive, but I believe I'll significantly increase performance -- at least at the disk level -- by moving it to the faster 7,200 rpm 1Tb hard drive.

If everything works, I hope to install a new audio/midi interface and my Ketron SD2 (which is now connected to my laptop), but this will happen subsequent to getting BIAB to function on the Win7-64 box.

I would like to get feedback and suggestions about this plan and welcome any opinion or advice you may wish to share.

Thanks,

Bob aka jazzwombat