Matt, I tried Noel's approach and got everything straightened out. I did run into the visual sync thing again but it occurred to me that maybe it was because I was using "replay" and the tracks weren't regenerating even though my understanding is that they do that in replay "as required". So I did a play and everything regenerated in visual and audio sync.(Makes sense) I think I learned that there is a point at which a work in progress needs a new "play" so it can get itself together with evolving changes. Besides it seems that if there is a preferred playback version it seems to come back around soon enough anyway...two or three cycles seems to get back around to it.

This program has enabled me to write again after an accident two years ago that disabled my left fingers and learning the value of this forum has really encouraged me.(I've been playing since 1956 so that left a bit of an empty spot)This program really is a total gas and is NOT difficult...it's just getting the information and learning its behavior that can be quite a process! Definitely worth whatever it takes but without this forum? I don't think so!

So thanks again to all in helping me with this! Now that I'm getting these foundational things worked out thanks to this great feedback I intend to move on to RB which I haven't even touched yet. I look forward to being able to give back here.