Quote:

Does it print sheet music if you import a MIDI track or a WAV? I have Finale but have not yet spent enough time with it. That's what I am trying to make it do so I don't have to chart horn parts out by hand. Play it in on a keyboard and have it print a chart for me.

Eddie,

I've played in a horn band for the last couple of years (covers of Tower of Power, Chicago, etc), and have been able to use Realband to create some charts for the various horn players. I started by charting out the basic chord structure of the song and had RB create some basic background tracks. Once I got a useable background generated for the song, I played the individual horn parts into RB tracks with a midi keyboard. With some minor editing of the resulting tracks, and tweaking the printout paramaters, I was able to get decent results. I would then print the charts (individual tracks) one at a time. Works quite well. Main test was passed when the horn players indicated they were happy with the resulting charts.

Terry

BIAB/RB 2018 PlusPak. Dell Inspiron23 running Win10, 12GB RAM, 2.5GHz i7, Presonus AudioBox USB interface.