I feel that I have to throw this into the discussion. I hope that PG Music DOES NOT incorporate “notation software” into BIAB, UNLESS they offer it as a separate product.

The cost of BIAB has already gotten prohibitively expensive with the introduction of Real Tracks and Real Band. I wouldn’t want to see it priced “out of reach” of the Joe Blow musician. I haven’t been able to upgrade since 2009 because of the price, and I’m a long time user. That sucks, especially since they’ve incorporated some of the things I’ve specifically asked for, such as treating 8th notes as 8th notes in bluegrass, and not 16th notes. That was a REAL big problem for me.

So I don’t want to see them do anything that will jack the price up EVEN HIGHER! I hope they stick to doing what they do best. Offering the best backing tracks that anyone could want in a user friendly format.

Hopefully someday I can upgrade to what I personally asked Peter Gannon to do in a lengthy thread in which he participated, (thanks Peter), and take advantage of BIAB treating bluegrass as it is written, and not as it’s perceived.