Quote:

>>>....Most musicians who play fretted stringed instruments prefer TAB to standard notation...>>>

This is not true at all. I have been playing all my life and I do not use tab at all. Dozens of musicians of my acquantiance would say the same thing.

I too am surprised to read that jazz guitarists use tab. Just does not fit with what I beleive jazz to be.

Good points. There is actually a very funny video (can't find it now) of several recent (70's) Guitar Gods playing their licks. then the "...little numbers on the lines " are taken away and they can't play at all.

Then the famous joke; "How do you stop a horn player from playing?, - take away his sheet music". followed by "how to you stop a guitar player from playing?, - put the sheet music in front of him".

And finally, several years back I completed a certificate course in Jazz Guitar from Berklee School of Music - ~50 % of the course material was in Tab.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper