I think I know what you want to do overall here, I have been there myself and still attempt to do this. I agree we have been all over the block with lots of good stuff in this thread but at the root is still the objective to TRANSCRIBE a recording (note for note) with a NOTATION SOFTWARE.

Bottom line, this is a chore - no canned-package will do this for you. Technology just ain't there yet. So we are left to attempt to simulate the old fashion way of using our ears with pen and paper - with what ever tools exist.

The effort I showed you in Guitar Pro V6 was all GPv6, including the sounds. The arrangement was the authors and the composing was - well who ever wrote Somewhere over the rainbow. with the program you can enter note for note the entire arrangement, in any of the three formats - Tab, Standard or Freboard. If you enter one form, all the other two are automatically completed. Then you can edit any of the three and all others adjust - exactly what a Notation Program will do for you. Besides being able to then print the score, most Notation programs (all modern ones) will then allow you to play the score as a midi file.

Many Notation Programs will allow you to store predefinded Chord structures and insert them. GP has a very good feature for this. Also Finale Notepad I believe has this feature so I think it is common. Personnaly, I would nOT begin this effort with BIAB. I think there a better designed tools for this job and BIAB's strengths lie in other areas.

Good luck, keep looking, let us know what you find. But in the meantime don't let the lack of the tool stop you from using your ear and pen and paper.

dan

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper