Quote:

I think I know what you want to do overall here, I have been there myself and still attempt to do this...

Bottom line, this is a chore - no canned-package will do this for you. Technology just ain't there yet. So we are left to attempt to simulate the old fashion way of using our ears with pen and paper - with what ever tools exist....

The effort I showed you in Guitar Pro V6 was all GPv6, including the sounds.... If you enter one form, all the other two are automatically completed. Then you can edit any of the three and all others adjust - exactly what a Notation Program will do for you.

...Many Notation Programs will allow you to store predefinded Chord structures and insert them. GP has a very good feature for this.... Personnaly, I would nOT begin this effort with BIAB. I think there a better designed tools for this job and BIAB's strengths lie in other areas....

Good luck, keep looking, let us know what you find. But in the meantime don't let the lack of the tool stop you from using your ear and pen and paper.

dan

Thanks Dan, you've managed to cover all the bases that I was interested in and have answered them perfectly!

I guess for the time being, the ol' pen/pencil and paper will still be called upon at least occasionally.
If I discover anything new, I will certainly keep you folks posted.