Quote:

I have begun to use Bing since discovering that Google tracks and stores everything you do. As far as I am concerned, that makes Google malware itself.

Our federal Privacy Commissioner (yes, we have one) is prepared to take on Google Inc over concerns about how the firm collects, retains, and uses personal data. (Victoria Times-Colonist, 19 July 2011, Page B1 Business section).

In the article, Eli Pariser, author of the book, "The Filter Bubble: What the Internet Is Hiding From You", is quoted as saying, "If I search for something and you search for something right now, at the very same time, we may get very different results". "There are 57 signals that Google looks at to personally tailor your query results. There is no standard Google search anymore. You can't see how different your search results are from anyone else".

A while back, while talking to a friend on the phone, we both typed in the same search phrase, and we got different results displayed by Google. We were beginning to doubt each other.

Yes, Big Brother IS watching us. This is the reason I don't take part in Face Book, or other such "stuff". I made a goof when I first registered here by using my real name.

Glenn