Your IP is "leased" to you for 24 hours. DSL and cable will vary, as will how your IP is handled. I can be shut off for 24 hours and power on and have the same IP. At 24 hours and one minute, if my cable modem was powered off when the lease was set to renew, I will get a new IP. I would also get a new IP if their side resets the router I am connected to. Being behind a home network router, my local (LAN) IPs are the same always because I have them hard set in each computer. The outside (WAN) IP that comes from the internet provider is what changes. You, with DSL, would get a different IP if you leave your modem off for a few minutes as rharv said.

The way to test is to visit www.ipchicken.com or www.whatismyip.com (and there are many others) and that will show your WAN IP, so IF you have a router in your house sharing your connection, your LAN IPs will be 192.168.1.xxx or 192.168.0.xxx depending on your brand of router. DO not confuse router, which is a device to SHARE a connection and connect networks, with modem, which is a device to MAKE a connection. Many people use modem and router interchangeably, and that is not correct. If you have a home router, that router connects your "network" to your ISPs "network".

Now I am seeing a great deal of emphasis put on whether Google tracks and stores. Understand that log files "track and store", but it's not like someone is sitting there actively scanning what YOU do. That kind of logging is there in case someone disgruntled sax player sends you a death threat and you get a subpoena to track where the message came from. After 3 1/2 years working for an ISP, I learned a lot about that side of things. "Tracking" by itself is nothing nefarious.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.