Quote:

Eddie, you're very similar to a good friend of mine which is why on the one hand I think we could be good buds but on the other I want to slap you sometimes. Other's will say "glad you fixed it" and drop it but not me. You ranted and ranted about all kinds of irrelevant crap when the problem was the classic "musician 101" stage problem: Check your connections. Again for the guys in the back row: CHECK YOUR CONNECTIONS.

Personally I think you should revisit the several other threads you put a rant in that was based on your frustrations here like the playing a keyboard live with Biab thread and correct things.

This kind of 5 page thread is what gives a lot of potential users a bad feeling about this software and is very unfair to PG Music.

Bob

Well, if you weren't right, I'd argue with you some more.....

I come from a tech support world where people call me and whatever is wrong is somehow MY fault, even after a lightning strike has cooked their motherboard. I have found myself somehow adopting that "I want this fixed NOW" attitude even when the problem may not be clear to anybody but me. The reason that connections did not seem to be relevant was that everything worked in Sonar. However, that was an incorrect assumption on my part. My studio computer has been in place since early June and has been powered off and on exactly 3 times after Windows 7 setup. I never power cycle it. And of course, power cycling rests everything, so..... Add that to taking the USB hub out of the loop.... voila....

I can not apologize enough to people who may have been rubbed the wrong way when I got on my roll but it is all I have to offer from here.

You really want to hear something, I will tape the call the next time I have to call my ISP and they ask me if my modem is plugged in.... I remember calling my cable people once and they actually asked me if my television was plugged in. My reply was "Do you seriously that when I went to sleep last night I got on the floor, crawled under the stand that has a 55 inch TV on it and unplugged it? You put your TV where it is going to be and it stays plugged in until you move. What kind of ridiculous question is that?"

For some reason, she did not see the humor in that....

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.