Dan, who paid for the camp? That's key. My 2 friends who teach junior high (once science and one music) routinely buy everyday room supplies out of pocket because the school board rejects every requisition saying "There's no budget for that". Music and band camp is great, but the parents pay money for it. The 2 concerts per year that band and chorale put on at what, $5 a ticket, is nowhere near the revenue producer that football and basketball (or bassaball as they say it in my neighborhood) is. In this conformist cookie-cutter "make money at all costs" world, the esoteric values have long since been forfeited for that 11-0 football team. That 11-0 football team gets news coverage and attention from the TV media. The band's spring concert does not.

Very sad, but very true. And it stinks, but the downward spiral of this economy, which WILL get much worse and never get better until we become a 3rd world nation, dictates the scope in which we must all think. More Walmarts, more people working in them for minimum wage under deplorable shift scheduling and such.... all while the rich get richer taking advantage of us.

I am REALLY happy that I am close to the finish line. I will be gone before this all explodes. And it will.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.