Here we have a levy on every ballot, and they fail every time. Foreclosure on homes in my city is off the charts (2 just on my street!! Personally I will never vote to increase my real estate taxes for those schools until I see better performance, less truancy, and general improvement. They rebuilt a bunch of grade schools over the last 5 years. One of them that was torn down was 11 years old. My city does things because they can, not because they need to. Meanwhile truancy is over 10% here. Why? Because half of the city is assisted housing, inhabited by parents who grew up in poverty and know nothing better, and when they DO get $25 in their pocket they spend it in crack instead of buying their kids clothes to go to school. These parents live on the thought that THEY are doing okay without knowing how to read. "The gub'ment is giving me a house and food for free. Why should I care?" And the city just stays away from those neighborhoods, pretends they don't exist, and has socials and luncheons for the school board for doing such a great job.

My area stinks. Again, I am glad to be near the end of the ride.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.