I just popped in and saw this thread. Wish I had piped in earlier.

I had about 8 piano lessons and then my music teacher moved away. I lived in a very small town. He was a minister and played piano like no one I had ever heard. I then learned some through glee club in high school and a lot I just learned on my own, hunt and peck, finding the keys... trying to play and well..... I became our church pianist at age 16. I had only been playing for less than 4 years.

One thing I heard and remembered years ago: The Richest Child is Poor without Music!

Now for a piece of fun from my sense of humor: I started out years ago with nothing and today I still have pretty much all of it left.

I always loved music and only got into digital music around 1995... and BIAB and PT expedited my musical abilities quite a bit........ But I learned the MOST from the veterans on this forum... if I called their names, you would know them. But I'd forget to mention someone, so I'll just say thanks to everyone whoever helped me with BIAB, PT, RealBand....... and teaching me how to record and produce CDs. THANKS!!!!!!!!!