Quote:

I am a little slower minded. I still call a control surface a controller, a VST a soft synth... Then again I play buzzword bingo at the staff meetings, so...

Buzzword bingo. I like that one. The thing with buzzwords is if they're industry standards then you pretty much have to learn and use them. To be brief, you mentioned VST and soft synth together. It's not VST it's VSTi. The 'i' stands for instrument. A VST with no 'i' means it's not a soft synth, it's an effect plugin. The reason this could be important in an internet forum discussion is there's lots of cases where a given plugin is giving some problem or other and sometimes the answer is first, to know what you're talking about, an effect plugin or a synthezier and if it is a dual VSTi/Dxi synth. Sometimes if you're using it as a DXi switching it to a VSTi will cure the problem or vice versa. It's not enough to ask in a forum my XYZ softsynth isn't working and here's what it's doing. You have to specify if it's a VSTi or DXi, is it only one of those or it's installed as both of those. Yes, it's a separate install for each and you can use either one in Biab/RB. As I've said many times, this stuff is complicated, you're prior knowledge of computers means nothing here and the PC manufacturers could care less about us musicians trying to work with digital audio.

So yeah, even though I completely understand you're reluctance to do so, you really need to know these digital audio acronyms bacause they are industry standard and that's the language everybody speaks.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.