Josie, to be honest, I HATE my voice. HATE IT!!! I am just SO midwestern and white.....

I have been away from music since 1994. In 2009 and old friend asked if I could help her with some stuff. (I didn't know she meant music... <wink wink>) SO I set the studio back up, started buying stuff on eBay and Craigslist, and she came down and worked on some of her writing.

Then, online, she met a guy in the business who convinced her he would make her a star. And he has a good amount of money, which she spoke of often as "an upgraded life style". So after an inexplicable amazing night before she left, she headed off to start her new life. I was not in a position to say "Hey stay here and let's be a team." as I was not really interested in having a woman permanently in my life, and that's what a statement like that would have meant. So.... off she went. And besides not wanting to be in that kind of relationship at that time, I also couldn't compete with what he could do for her because he is wealthy.

And that's what that song is about. Because to try and compete with a rich guy, I don't stand a snowball's chance in hell.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.