Quote:

some time ago, i made the suggestion to include a plug-in that would separate the phantom channel to preserve that musical information and allow further manipulation. exactly opposite a vocal zapper plug. such a plug could be very helpful in alan's situation but it fell on deaf ears. any center channel information could be thus isolated for study, hopefully lead parts etc. with a differential amplifier the signal could be "tracked" if off center by tweaking the cmrr. mac and james chandler know from whence i speak. unfortunately, i've failed to spark an interest in such a plug-in. if you think it would be fun to molest center channel information then here's your chance to be heard.

Hmm... that's a good Idea Don. But maybe we don't even need a special plugin. I'm going to take a simple song and run it through the ACW after EQing it in different ways to see if there is a frequency favored by the chordal instruments such as keyboard or guitar. Its the decorative instruments that confuse the algorithm, I think.

I'll report back if I see a trend worth mentioning.