Quote:

[<...>
I didn't mean to suggest there was anything wrong with automation (and CERTAINLY nothing wrong with being American made!) ... in fact, my opinion is that automation dramatically INCREASES the quality of nearly any product. <...>

I didn't think you were suggesting that automation was inferior. Sorry if I gave you that impression.

The DF goes for about $1,400 and it's worth every penny.

The fit and finish of the guitar is perfect, it has a wide variety of tones that all sound great, and the design and 'playability' of the guitar is superb. If I were to get "nit-picky" there are only two things I'd change about it. (1) I'd move the mag/piezo switch to a place where I could see it's condition without moving my head and (2) I'd put a quick-connect on the battery cable (I'm going to do that myself).

I'm happy that it was made in the USA because it's a great guitar, and sometimes it seems like we lost that "best in the world" attitude. IMHO this is the best 'super-strat' guitar in the world (of course I haven't tried them all).

Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks