Hi Bob ,
I was looking at the EMU AUDIO INTERFACE ,looks like they discontinuted that model. When i spoke to the tec at dell they told me there is no exsternal sound cards. They did say there is a slot to add a better sound card .This exsternal interface you are talking about has me confused .Is that the same as a sound card that is within a computer ? how would that hook up into my mixer ? I was using my mixer as my inputs for mic and affects like reverb,So why would i need this exsternal device for hooking up my mic ? As far as an exsternal device which model for a $100.00 would be better then the sound card i have in my dell ? Would a $100.00 device be ok .Beings i want to buy the audiophile verson of BIAB that in it self will break the bank. Today i was doing some more exsperementing with my Pa System .I hooked up a cd player direct into my mixer and just used that instead of the computer still the low end im not happy with .Im not sure if the problem is all in the sound card or not . Played the cd player with Randy Travis music and still am not hearing a good low end.If i stand back as close as i can to the wall the bass picks up and sounds more solid and low end so im wondering if the acoustics in the room is playing a part in this. As i walk closer to my pa speakers i start losing the bass .As i back up and get closer to the back wall the bass picks up.What could be going on here ? Still waiting for Mac's input .Thank you all for your support.
Regards,
Greg