Yes! That Mackie is a great audio interface. Look at page 10 and 11 of your owners manual. It tells you the Mackie receives the two channel main mix from your computer via the USB cable. That means you do NOT run audio from the back of your PC, the audio is going out from the Mackie. Here's where it's a little tricky for you if your not used to this. The Mackie uses XLR connectors for the main audio output. That means you have to get XLR cables to run to either your studio power amp or your powered monitor speakers. Note what it says on page 11 about adjusting the USB audio output coming from your computer. I'll bet that's where your problem lies with the weak sound you're describing since you're saying you have adjusted your wav outputs to the max already.

The one thing missing on the Mackie is midi but you may not need that. All newer keyboards/sound modules use USB for midi and the audio. My Roland Sonic cell for example. It's hooked up via USB so it plays any midi tracks and the audio outputs goes to my studio monitoring system which is controlled by my Behringer mixer, in your case any audio outputs from any other equipment goes into your Mackie. If you have some older equipment that does not have USB and you want to use it for midi sounds then you would need a separate USB midi adapter to go along with the Mackie but the audio outputs still goes to the Mackie.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.