Quote:

Dear Webmaster,

I'm a little concerned about the increase in the number of pages of songs in the User Forum. It used to be that there were only around six or so. Tonight I looked down and saw that it's now 18. Is this correct? There's now over 12 months of posts on display.

What concerns me is that by having my songs on-site for 3 or 4 times as long, the chance of my material potentially being ripped off is far greater.

I find myself wondering whether or not PG Music fully appreciates one of the aspects of copyright that is unique (for a short while at least) to a song's composer..

Noel,

you make some good points... but the key points of concern are entirely in your control. Why put the blame on PGMusic for public access to songs you willingly posted?

I think its fair to assume that the reason PGMusic made the user showcase available in the first place was to show potential customers what the software can do. It's in THEIR best interest to have a lot of success stories available. Why on earth would they choose to dump good stuff? Music has a long shelf life.

Bottom line, if your goals are in conflict with PGMusic's goals, and an acceptable solution is within your control, go for it. It's always easier to change your own tactics than it is to persuade someone else to change theirs... especially if the other party has an incentive NOT to change.