When I was in elementary school, the principal's name was Fanny Catlett -- with both Fanny and Cat she would get a lot of teasing about her name in the UK and OZ.

When visiting the UK someone directed me to what sounded like "Lester Square" which turned out to be "Leicester Square". Now how they got Lester our of Leicester is beyond me, but when in London, do as the Londoners do. So I proceeded to pronounce Leicester as Lester.

BTW, I enjoyed my visit to the UK, Wales, and Scotland. They people were very kind to me and made me feel like a welcome guest. I put 3,000 miles on the rental car, and met people from all over. Even with the differences in language, I understood most of it, until we got to a very small roadhouse in a very small town in Scotland. I sat next to a guy who called himself Bob, and we had a great time even though I hardly understood a word he said. Smiles and buying a round of drinks seems like a pretty good way to spread goodwill.

Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks