Oh my so many questions We would really need a night at the pub to chat about all of these. I would love to address ll of them but,in the consideration of time, I thought I could breck up each into individual reponses and then have others jump in or simply get to them as I can.

Quote:

\
1. First of all (and this might not be a very nice thing to say for a newbie here, sorry, but I like to be honest) I was put off by the interface... It looks like shareware from 1995... (Again: sorry!). Now I know this doesn't mean BiaB isn't good, but well... I always thought it looked old and very complicated.... Maybe I am sensitive for this because I am a graphic designer...? Anyway, year after year (yes, I've been looking at BiaB since the nineties!!!) I was hoping the interface would get an update, but it seems that won't happen, so... I might as well get over it. Ok, now that is out of the way, let's move on to my next questions...

This is an easy one, you actual have identifed the answer already. Keep in mind the output of BIAB is Audio not Video so what the interface looks like has not bearing on the music it makes. You said it best, ".. get over it". I listend to you music, it is good. Based on what I heard you are not a beginner as I predict you will actually spend little time in BIAB - using only to get the tune going (the most importing value of BIAB for musicians). Then you will llikely move over to RB or on to more advance DAW editing and recording.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper