Quote:

2. I wonder if BiaB is suited for more er... alternative music. Seems a lot of styles are more or less middle of the road and very America-oriented (lots of country and gospel). The songs I made up to now aren't very alternative or weird, but not middle of the road (I think). Now this won't have to be a huge problem because I am considering to get BiaB mainly for laying down a quick foundation for my songs. I work with Cakewalk's Sonar Producer Edition 8.5 and I sometimes get very tired of laying down the basic tracks all by myself. And since I can't afford studio musicians, BiaB seems a nice alternative. I might for instance only use it to get a quick bass part of some piano backgrounds. Still, I wonder if BiaB is suited for what I usually do.

"...laying down the basic tracks..." is exactly what BIAB will do for you.
I think BAIB is rhythmicly suited for your music. Generally I heard straight 4/4 so there will be lots of options to select for rhythmic backing tracks as well as comping by piano and soloist with any of a number of solo instruments. An entire bass backing, or some piano fills or backgrouds, works wonderfully. I am not a Sonar Guy, but moving MIDI or WAV content from BIAB into a DAW is exactly what many of us do to create our tracks. By the way - do you play an instrument, or just arrange for your vocals? Either way, BIAB is super.