Quote:

To get back on topic

This thread did drift - don't know why since there is another thread covering the other topic.

Quote:

Can you enter chord changes on off beat notes? So you get a syncopated rhythm with chordchanges on those syncopated notes?

For instance, say the beat is 1a2a3a4a and I want a chord changes on 2a and 4a: is that possible?

I'll try to answer, although, hopefully others will weigh in if I am off.

The answer is Yes, But...

The beat and the way the chords interact with the beat is a function of the "Style". These "Styles" are the core of all BIAB tunes (except for RT's - see below). This is one reason you buy the biggest package as you get more styles. The great majority of styles which come with BIAB are 4 chords to the measure. There are 3 often cited workarounds to this: 1) New Styles can be created to allow 1/8 note placement of chords generally by combining two measures and adjusting tempo, 2) Third party Styles can be purchased - see Notes Norton, and 3) There is the ability to "push" a chord to play 1/8 or 1/16 ahead of the beat.

All this talk about Styles only pertains to MIDI. Real Tracks (RT), since they are recordings are not influenced by the "Style". Many of these will have a syncopated rhythm since they are natural players laying down the track also a "push" and "hold" have actually recordings for many, not all, of the RT's - again this is why you need to biggest package so you have more options of hearing something which fits with what you want.

OK, I may have mdde a mess of this - Lets sit and wait until the "authorities " wake up and step in to clarify and correct if needed.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper